• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

Agatha Crusty

Reaction score
My workaday shirt drawer (the better ones sit in the wardrobe):

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is this the "real thing"?
Mercer claims that it is.
http://mercerandsons.com/swatches_and_pricing.htm
not to take anything away from David, but the oxford he offers is the same asian made oxford
that almost all of the USA based custom shirtmakers offer.

I have some RTW that are over 10 years old that seem very "beefy"
They came from the old Hawes and Curtis and T&A. I haven't seen any thing like
this fabric in years.

Not sure where their shirt fabric was made, but Allbini, Thomas Mason oxford is quite nice. softer then traditional oxford using finer yarns

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CruzAzul, a very good choice of cloth.
Andrey

Thanks, man. These are actually the first linen shirts I've owned in many, many years, so I figured 2 out of the 3 should be workhorse basics and I'd take a flyer on one that's a little more interesting.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What is the front height on that collar? Looks very short.

understood it is fully bespoke, measured in person(first shirt). no try on was needed, nailed at first attempt. think AM w/o the extensive handwork, which i do not appreciate. when the measurements have been taken, thirty indicator points have been considered. this is their kent collar, where you can choose from a dozen different angles. iirc, this is 8 degrees.

collar size is twenty-one inches or 52.8 cm. collar band is from 3.0 cm to 3.3 in the back.

hope this helps.

Last edited:

Stugotes

Reaction score
Why fold your shirts instead of, and avoiding folds, hanging?

Not everybody has the space to hang 20 or more shirts
wink.gif

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

understood it is fully bespoke, measured in person(first shirt). no try on was needed, nailed at first attempt. think AM w/o the extensive handwork, which i do not appreciate. when the measurements have been taken, thirty indicator points have been considered. this is their kent collar, where you can choose from a dozen different angles. iirc, this is 8 degrees.
collar size is twenty-one inches or 52.8 cm. collar band is from 3.0 cm to 3.3 in the back.
hope this helps.

So you are feeling better? :)

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I spoke too soon....saks didn't shorten the sleeves of the kitons as planned, so had to drop em off again/ to be shipped out once completed next week or so. This make foxx sad :-(

Also, made two visits to kiton store in NYC, shirts in amazing colors and patterns....but prices were mostly 675 or more. Yikes! Won't ever pay that for a shirt.

nice one! I'll be contributing to this thread myself in a few days, will finally get to see the new kitons and a patterned isaia MTM from my last nyc visit!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads