1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Folded Up Shirt P0rn

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, May 23, 2007.

1. Lucan

Lucan Senior member

Could I possibly ask the order number of the dark blue shirt please? I like the collar as a casual one.
    Thanks.

2. ChristopherBerr

ChristopherBerr Senior member

Sebastian Ward Shirts.

3mm 18 ligne Australian MOP, Thomas Mason Silverline, interlining from Wendler.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

why are the button holes on the cuff pushed so far back towards the sleeve. that looks like a one button cuff. wouldn't the cuff hang over the hand?

1 person likes this.
  4. ChristopherBerr

With typical cuff grading, yes, this would be the case.

Our cuffs are cut to fit snugly 3.25" above the wrist: 8.25" from button to hole. We only grade the width by an eigth inch at the two largest, and the very smallest neck sizes we offer--maintaining our fit profile.

This is slimmer than you'd find on most mass market ready to wear shirts for a reason:

The high buttoning point forces the cuff to torsion to the curve of your forearm, forming a conical shape that stops at the wrist bone. The structure of our interlining also helps here.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask anything!

5. Limniscate

Limniscate Senior member

6. Shirtmaven

i am still confused.
    8.25 is very tight.
    that seems like it would catch the forarm. what happens if someone reaches out for something.
    I can imagine seeing someone go through an elbow because it is too tight.
    you would have to leave a lot of fullness in the sleeve.
    i would love to see the shirt on someone.

1 person likes this.
  7. ChristopherBerr

Precisely right!

Our sleeve has fulness and a bit more length because of this fact. Here is our Size Guide on cuffs:

Cuff and Sleeve
    Our cuffs are slim, and long. They are designed to interface snugly with your forearm, 3.25” above your wrist bone, allowing them to torsion around the cuff button properly. We left in some tolerance to allow the button to be moved without compromising the design and function of the cuff.
    Since our cuffs are designed to stop at the wrist bone, sleeve length selection can be based on the needs/preference of the wearer.
    If you normally wear up to a 33.5” sleeve, we suggest wearing our shorter sleeve (35.75” or 35.5").
    If you normally wear above a 33.5” sleeve, we suggest wearing our longer sleeve (36.5” or 37").
    Cuffs are measured flat, from center button to the end of the buttonhole.

This interface between cuff and sleeve is shown on our website and on our tumblr and instagram accounts.
    Happy to elucidate!
    All The Best,
    Christopher

8. Shirtmaven

your customers don't complain about the extra fabric at bunching up at the wrist? your cut is very different from the standard shirt being produced today

1 person likes this.
  9. Shirtmaven

take them out of the plastic!!!

2 people like this.
  10. ChristopherBerr

In all of our photos, we purposefully wear our longest sleeve size to show that our sleeve length for our cut can be selected based on personal preference, not just rule. You can see the body measurements and weight of both models on all our product pages.

[​IMG]

From the beginning we wanted to create a flattering trim fit that is comfortable while keeping an elegant overall shape.

Don't just take my word for it: Have a look at the Sebastian Ward tumblr and instagram accounts to see our real world photos that aren't in a cold white studio. I'm not sure if you have seen all of our photographs yet.

We use both styles of photography to communicate a well-rounded sense of the garment to our patrons.

All The Best!
    Christopher

11. ChristopherBerr

Sorry folks! Back to this thread's regularly scheduled programming!!
    [​IMG]

12. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

So I don't really get the design of the shirts, but the color, pattern and collar of that last shirt is nice.

As an aside, there are two broken links on your main page: the one with a man wearing a blazer, and the middle one showing a man wearing an open collared white shirt.

1 person likes this.
  13. ChristopherBerr

Hi there!

The links are now fixed. I always appreciate the feedback.

I'm really glad you like those details and I'd love to clear up any and all questions you may have, on our affiliate thread .

All The Best,
    Christopher

14. Simon K

Simon K Member

[​IMG]

Stiffer collar shirts.

[​IMG]

Sport shirts go to the right.

[​IMG]

Sport shirts!

1 person likes this.
  15. manchambo

manchambo Senior member

If I understand those photos correctly, the cuff is generally so tight you have to wear your watch in top of it. It that correct?

1 person likes this.
  16. ChristopherBerr

Hi Manchambo,

Excellent question. The answer to whether you must wear your watch on top of your cuff is: no.

We fit up to a 44mm diameter x 17 mm thick (dimensions of a rolex seadweller deepsea) under the cuff of a size 16 x 36.75. The high and snug buttoning is what allows the cuff to torsion inward when a watch is not worn, OR expand outward if/when you choose to wear one under your cuff.

Did I answer your question fully?

All The Best!
    Christopher

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  17. MrChris

MrChris Senior member

[​IMG]

Grandi & Rubinelli pinpoint oxford.

1 person likes this.
  18. EFBenson

EFBenson Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

usually I would not buy a shirt with a pocket, but as I like the colour, and it's an H&K shirt for £30, I went for it...

up until very recently H&K had two locations on Jermyn St.

the larger shop was on the street itself, which it shared with Bates the Hatters, and the smaller one was in Princes Arcade.

they have now vacated Princes Arcade, and Bates have moved in

Everything in the large shop on Jermyn Street is on sale. I wondered if effectively this was a closing down sale. I asked the assistant if they were staying at the site and she said yes.

1 person likes this.
  19. EFBenson

EFBenson Well-Known Member

the shirt is not upside down in real life! I had a problem with the image import...

20. hymo

hymo Senior member

I guide my customers towards close-fitting cuffs with reserve length in the sleeves. A cuff should never hang from the sleeve; it should stay in place because of its small circumference. I find hanging cuffs an abomination.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    2 people like this.