• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett
Stamped brand names on buttons is pretty awful.
BB does this with their casual shirts and lots of lower-end brands do it.
I'm surprised that Zegna would do it on an MOP button, especially a 3-hole one.

I agree, JC, though you don't really see it. Haven't worn it for years, since I don't like the fit (anymore).

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
More linen

Albini - mid blue

LrzFr.jpg

Thomas Mason - wide light blue stripe

nIWVq.jpg

linnenmidblauwendikkebl.jpg

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, JC, though you don't really see it. Haven't worn it for years, since I don't like the fit (anymore).

Borrelli did this, although only for the US market as it seems.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Galix;4657080 said:
I just tried a new MTM online maker. These are the result. The fit is perfect, though hand work is near to non-existent. Fabric is Canclini 120s, light and soft.

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg
[/
QUOTE]

Very nice - who's the maker?

Galix

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The maker is Neronote (www.neronote.com). Found them by chance on Google searching for Canclini. They're a little bit on the expensive side compared to other online MTM makers, although nothing crazy. Plus they are made in Italy. But they took forever: I just got them today but ordered them on late May.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
Borrelli did this, although only for the US market as it seems.

Ah, didn't know that.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would probably have chosen a slightly less spread collar (purely personal preference), but those look great NOBD.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Kaplan. I'm glad I have two more linen shirts. Need more though...

brokencycle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
Got this one from CT today. Only $35 and free shipping.... can't complain!

DSCN2262.jpg

I bought that shirt with a cutaway collar along with 3 other shirts from CT a few weeks ago.

bjornb17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brokencycle
I bought that shirt with a cutaway collar along with 3 other shirts from CT a few weeks ago.

how do you like it?

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Kaplan. I'm glad I have two more linen shirts. Need more though...
I like the thinking behind these ones: A dressy cut made more casual by the fabric.

Now, the one in the following pic is all casual, so I only really feel like wearing it untucked (for vacations and the like) but it's too long for that ATM so I'm planning to have the hem shortened...

borrelli.jpg

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Galix
I just tried a new MTM online maker. These are the result. The fit is perfect, though hand work is near to non-existent. Fabric is Canclini 120s, light and soft.

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

Isn't it normal for MTM shirts to have no handstitching?

If you like made in Italy MTM shirts with handstitching you can try these guys. Under the Create your own shirt section the handstitching options are under the Personalize section.

I have no experience with them though.

emc894

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
I like the thinking behind these ones: A dressy cut made more casual by the fabric.

Now, the one in the following pic is all casual, so I only really feel like wearing it untucked (for vacations and the like) but it's too long for that ATM so I'm planning to have the hem shortened...

borrelli.jpg

Great shirt. Where did you buy it. I am thinking about buying a similar one but I think it could be too slim for linen.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I use the same simple cut for all my shirts. I like a spread collar, single button (round) cuff and a clean front. After I ordered mine, I saw these in the catalogue of the classic English Hilditch & Key:

hklinnen.jpg

More or less the same spread collar and a simple placket; makes one wonder how dressy a spread collar is"”perhaps more for Americans. It does have a pocket.

borrelli.jpg

Nice. Makes sense to have it shortened.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads