Folded Up Shirt P0rn

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, May 23, 2007.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

OMG terrible! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

^ It doesn't look bad at all, but to be honest, it would look better in a more normal configuration.

Like you, I never wear ties with BDs, but do get longer points on my collars, and a higher collar front. That works well w/o a tie.

I really like that fabric - just a stock CEGO fabric or did you order from the books?

3. nmprisons

nmprisons Senior member

Looks great worn. I hadn't expected it to, but it does. I recently ordered a few button downs from Carl and am looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

4. gdl203

^ It doesn't look bad at all, but to be honest, it would look better in a more normal configuration.
    Well all is well then since these are not your shirts. [​IMG] I have plenty of "normal" BDs and I like this style better. Horses for courses. I think Carl did a great job on the collar - I may ask him to move the buttons in 1/8 or 1/4" in on the next ones but otherwise, he nailed that style.

5. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I like that collar. You should wear it with a tie (and take dirty bathroom pics if you want to be cool) [​IMG]

6. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

^ Is it just the angle of the shot, or is your peak lapel actually higher than the shoulder line?

7. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

^ Is it just the angle of the shot, or is your peak lapel actually higher than the shoulder line?

They are high, but not over the shoulder.

8. dunga

dunga Senior member

OMG terrible! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is awsum!! I really like how you pull it off.

9. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

it helps that GDL 203 is at least 6' 2" that collar would not work on someone who is 5' foo"! it would be easy to move the buttons up and in for even more roll. this is basically the "Mr. B Collar" made famous by Billy Eckstine thank you Wikipedia Eckstine was a style leader and noted sharp dresser. He designed and patented a high roll collar that formed a "B" over a Windsor-knotted tie, which became known as a "Mr. B. Collar." In addition to looking cool, the collar could expand and contract without popping open, which allowed his neck to swell while playing his horns. The collars were worn by many a hipster in the late 1940s and early 1950s Can't find a really good photo. sorry. the shirt above is just a basic burgundy oxford railroad stripe.

10. gdl203

Thanks Carl for the info. It also happens to be one of the most common button down collar style in Italy. Most RTW (incl Barba and Finamore) I have seen in stores there have a similar collar.

I will wear these a few times and we'll see if it makes sense to move the point buttons a little bit in and up (I think that will slightly better)

11. Infrasonic

Infrasonic Senior member

[​IMG]

Shows it quite well. Personally I don't like the button down with tie look (looks sloppy to my eyes), much prefer a spread with stays in.

12. Bespoke 51

Bespoke 51 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Shows it quite well. Personally I don't like the button down with tie look (looks sloppy to my eyes), much prefer a spread with stays in.

Also the style most preferred by talk show host and Rat Packer Joey Bishop.

13. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

LOL. Good Sunday to you guys too. I can't stand the dorky look of button downs with ties, so this is a good BD collar for me to wear open. I asked Carl to use of my Italian BD shirts as an example. I guess I won't bother to show you how it looks worn.
    Yeah, BD's are for nerds. I like how you took two standard things and made something cool out of it. Question: I am debating getting either a bespoke or MTM shirt with oxford cotton and French cuffs, with the intention that French cuffs aren't usually seen next to oxford cotton. Is this idea dank? Or jank?

14. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah, BD's are for nerds. I like how you took two standard things and made something cool out of it.

Question: I am debating getting either a bespoke or MTM shirt with oxford cotton and French cuffs, with the intention that French cuffs aren't usually seen next to oxford cotton. Is this idea dank? Or jank?

oxford is a bit heavy for a french cuff.
    bu that being said, this has been discussed elsewear.
    some will say go for it, some will say you are an idiot.
    do as you please

15. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

[​IMG]

As always, these are terrific.

[​IMG]

Really like your two non-BD shirts; not a fan of BDs, even without a tie. In fact, your two non-BDs look a bit like MA's Finnamores, which is a terrific compliment.