• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a few by Borrelli similar. Very good for summer.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
20180312_140904.jpg

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
blue solids.JPG
chambray.jpg
stripes.jpg

My damage from Napoli came in last week. Not pictured are the white linen and hairstripe blue+white.

I went with Salvatore Piccolo as I quite like his RTW. He probably isn't the shirtmaker for you if you want to pick your fabric by name brand, but his fabric store is very impressive, and includes a lot of funky Made in Japan stuff - the darker blue chambray above is an example. Minimum bespoke order was 4, I went with 5 as I couldn't help myself. I also paid extra to have a spare collar + cuffs for each shirt.

I was in Southern Italy for 3 weeks, which allowed me to meet for measurements and fabric selection, and a subsequent meeting to try on a trial shirt, and then pick collars. I had no issues scheduling, but I also didn't have very many time commitments - I knew I was starting and ending my trip in Napoli.

clothingfun

Reaction score
Hello again and I hope everyone is well. A fellow SF member made me aware of this thread and I'm glad he did. I love a nice shirt and there are plenty on display here.

A couple months ago I ordered a dozen one piece collar designs from my bespoke shirt maker. For my more casual "sporty" type shirts I really enjoy textured fabrics and contrasting details. I wanted to share a few examples from this latest batch as I'm just really happy with how they turned out.

Here is a little closer view of the collar construction.

WSW

Reaction score
How are you finding the one piece collars compared to traditional ones? I'd guess that they help the collars and the unbuttoned sections stand up better without a tie compared to traditionally constructed shirts?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello again and I hope everyone is well. A fellow SF member made me aware of this thread and I'm glad he did. I love a nice shirt and there are plenty on display here.

A couple months ago I ordered a dozen one piece collar designs from my bespoke shirt maker. For my more casual "sporty" type shirts I really enjoy textured fabrics and contrasting details. I wanted to share a few examples from this latest batch as I'm just really happy with how they turned out.

View attachment 1230298 View attachment 1230299 View attachment 1230300

Here is a little closer view of the collar construction.

View attachment 1230304
sporty?
yes, the Italian collar is a casual collar best in linen or cotton linen. these are not sporty to my eye.

i will be opinionated here. a solid blue collar on a blue textured fabric is an abomination. i would have said no if I was your shirtmaker.....Ken and Jack are great guys.. why didn't they stop you!!!!
i also would have added a button and buttonhole at the top. there are other ways to make this collar where you cant button at the top. these are do formal that you cold wear a tie.

clothingfun

Reaction score
sporty?
yes, the Italian collar is a casual collar best in linen or cotton linen. these are not sporty to my eye.

i will be opinionated here. a solid blue collar on a blue textured fabric is an abomination. i would have said no if I was your shirtmaker.....Ken and Jack are great guys.. why didn't they stop you!!!!
i also would have added a button and buttonhole at the top. there are other ways to make this collar where you cant button at the top. these are do formal that you cold wear a tie.

I don’t normally bother replying to fools but I suppose I will be kind enough to make an exception in your case.

For starters, learn proper spelling and grammar if you want any credibility. That said, the real reason is quite simple: I don’t care what anyone else thinks. Particularly when it’s some anonymous hack on the internet who lives thousands of miles away. It’s my life and I’m the one who has to live it (especially at my age now.) Therefore I wear what I like, how I like, when I like and could utterly and truly care less what anyone else thinks. I’m on SF to enjoy myself and I sincerely appreciate everyone sharing photos of their garments and personal style. Enjoy your clothing everyone, that’s what it’s for!

Therefore, please tell your worthless “opinions” and what you “would have done” to someone who may actually care.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t normally bother replying to fools but I suppose I will be kind enough to make an exception in your case.

For starters, learn proper spelling and grammar if you want any credibility. That said, the real reason is quite simple: I don’t care what anyone else thinks. Particularly when it’s some anonymous hack on the internet who lives thousands of miles away. It’s my life and I’m the one who has to live it (especially at my age now.) Therefore I wear what I like, how I like, when I like and could utterly and truly care less what anyone else thinks. I’m on SF to enjoy myself and I sincerely appreciate everyone sharing photos of their garments and personal style. Enjoy your clothing everyone, that’s what it’s for!

Therefore, please tell your worthless “opinions” and what you “would have done” to someone who may actually care.

He’s a shirt maker you know.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

at this point in my life, my grammar and spelling will not improve..
English was never my best subject.

As for calling me a "Hack". did you bother to see what i do for a living?
I am a custom shirtmaker in NYC. that is how I know Ken and Jack of Anto.
I have been in the trade for over 35 years. I think my opinion has value to the members of the forum. there was a time when I would critique the fit of shirts that members had made via on line services. my opinions and corrections were appreciated. I do not participate on this forum as much as I used to.

as to your choices of shirts,
you can wear anything you want. these are the type of shirts that scream, look at me, I had this shirt made. at Anto's prices, you have more money then taste and style.

If you are going to share a photo on the internet, then be prepared to expect opinions that differ from yours.

Carl

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Image result for lighten up francis

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics