Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fly fishing

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by lefty, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

s

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017

2. lefty

lefty Distinguished Member

JFC, dude. I gave you a website, a pic to emulate and a video to watch. And some pretty direct advice - don't hold trout like that if you intend to release them. Past that, you're on your own.

But if you want some wisdom, whoever told you to lip an eight-inch trout for a selfie is a fucking moron. Stop listening to them.

lefty

3. romafan

romafan Distinguished Member

I got this email, thanks lefty. No denim rule will be enforced! I read that snakehead article and figured Morgan might be a local member - do you know him? I thought I had the EVP book but got it mixed up w/ the Austin Francis one (Land of Little Rivers)? Unfortunately Tuesdays & Thursdays find me slogging out to Hackensack for kids' hockey practice :plain:

4. lefty

Wasn't sure if you were on the list. Sorry, we won't see you.

Ed's book is great. Really an overview and history of the Catskills from the 1600's.

Morgan's a cool kid. If your kids are ever looking for a fly-fishing mentor closer to their age, he'd be a great choice.

lefty

5. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Senior Member

Anybody been to healing waters lodge in Montana? I'm going in June and thinking of stopping by Yellowstone after for a few days since I'm going to be in the neighborhood

http://www.hwlodge.com/

6. lefty

Never been to YS. I believe roma has and may be more help. The place looks good and I doubt you can go wrong.

Trying to book a last minute trip to Honduras, either Roatan or Utila, if anyone has any experience there.

lefty

7. romafan

romafan Distinguished Member

There are a bunch of nice lodges in SW MT, but I'm not sure I've heard of Healing Waters, which doesn't mean anything of course. The lodge looks pretty sweet - Twin Bridges is home to Winston rods, and you're right in the heart of some of (the?) the best fishing in the continental US. The salmon fly hatch on the Big Hole is an awesome event if you can hit it right (early-mid June generally). One of their guides is Bart Doig - would not be surprised if he is related to the writer (Ivan Doig). You are probably 70 miles or so from W. Yellowstone, so it is a quick (by MT standards) jaunt over to the park.