• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Flusser suits/jackets

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where does Alan Flusser's clothing line fit in to the pecking order. I think the stuff is no longer being made, but there's some floating around on EBay. Is it comparable to Hart-Schaffer Marx? Hickey-Freeman Collection? Polo Blue Label/Corneliani? Polo Purple Label? Even better?

I'm looking at a nice looking blazer on EBay that's at a mere $21 (several bidders so far), but the auction is closing in 3 hours.... I think the problem is, not that it isn't nice stuff, but that very few people have heard of Flusser, so no one bids on it.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm sure there'll be a more expert response, but I know a little based on looking at the goods when they were in the store and purchasing perhaps a dozen items.

Flusser's currently offers full custom suits, either MTM or custom shirts, stock special EG shoes, and a variety of good quality furnishings.

The items on eBay are almost certainly from the previous store, in Saks. There he offered made to measure (Martin Greenfield), custom, and ready-made from various suppliers.

The cut can be compared to Polo. Overall, closer to Purple Label than BLue.

Hope this is useful.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
FYI -

Flusser has a new line at SteinMart (discount stores), so you need to be careful of what you are getting with his name now.

Bradford

dorian

Reaction score
I've been none too impressed with anything that Flusser as produced - suits, sportcoat, books....

Just my two cents...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%