Flusser suits/jackets

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kabert, Jun 28, 2004.

1. kabert

kabert Senior member

Where does Alan Flusser's clothing line fit in to the pecking order. I think the stuff is no longer being made, but there's some floating around on EBay. Is it comparable to Hart-Schaffer Marx? Hickey-Freeman Collection? Polo Blue Label/Corneliani? Polo Purple Label? Even better?

I'm looking at a nice looking blazer on EBay that's at a mere $21 (several bidders so far), but the auction is closing in 3 hours.... I think the problem is, not that it isn't nice stuff, but that very few people have heard of Flusser, so no one bids on it.

2. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm sure there'll be a more expert response, but I know a little based on looking at the goods when they were in the store and purchasing perhaps a dozen items.

Flusser's currently offers full custom suits, either MTM or custom shirts, stock special EG shoes, and a variety of good quality furnishings.

The items on eBay are almost certainly from the previous store, in Saks. There he offered made to measure (Martin Greenfield), custom, and ready-made from various suppliers.

The cut can be compared to Polo. Overall, closer to Purple Label than BLue.

Hope this is useful.

3. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

FYI -

Flusser has a new line at SteinMart (discount stores), so you need to be careful of what you are getting with his name now.

Bradford

4. dorian

dorian Senior member

I've been none too impressed with anything that Flusser as produced - suits, sportcoat, books....

Just my two cents...