Florsheim sale includes shoe trees - Melbourne

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tarlee, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Tarlee

Tarlee Well-Known Member

One thing I rarely see on sale is shoe trees. The Florsheim nearest me has a sale at the moment with discount of $20 on $100 (20%), $50 on $200 (25%) and $100 on $300 (33%). Nine shoe trees would usually be about $315 -- they're $34.95 each. After the $100 off they came down to $215 or about $24 each. Worth a thought.

2. LTM

LTM Well-Known Member

that sounds like a good deal to me...alas I am in Adelaide.

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Still better to see if you can do a bulk-buy from somewhere on the internet/eBay.

Costco cedar shoe trees - which are nicer than the ones that Florsheim sells - can often be obtained for $10/pair or so. Shipping to Australia is not cheap, of course, but that still usually results in a total cost of under or around $20/pair for something much nicer than most of the options available in Australia.

4. apropos

apropos Senior member

The problem is - if the Florsheim shoe trees are the same ones I remember - that they do not have a high vamp on the tree, resulting in somewhat subpar results.

5. LTM

LTM Well-Known Member

Could anyone recommend an internet seller? The Chinese ones on ebay are still $35-40 in my experience. Cedarville do not ship internationally.
    Any tips much appreciated.

6. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Could anyone recommend an internet seller? The Chinese ones on ebay are still $35-40 in my experience. Cedarville do not ship internationally.
    Any tips much appreciated.

I think Cedarville has started shipping internationally but I expect shipping to be a deal breaker due to the weight of the trees