• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Florsheim Royal Imperial tan double monks with antiquing

mxgreen

Reaction score
I was walking past the Florsheim store in my local mall and spotted a pair of tan double monks in the window. They had a cap toe with dark antiquing on the toe and heel, and were on a chisel toed last. I thought they looked nice, although the outer sole was not very impressive.

They were part of the Royal Imperial group made in Spain. The retail price was $350 but they were on sale for 25% off. The salesman said that he could give me an extra 15% off.

Does anyone know who makes the shoes or can speak to their quality?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you not ask the salesperson?
Also, without a photo or model name of the shoe this question cannot be accurately answered.

mxgreen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Did you not ask the salesperson?
Also, without a photo or model name of the shoe this question cannot be accurately answered.

Yes, I did ask the salesperson. He did not know who makes the shoes.

I did not have my camera with me and I could not find a picture of the shoes on the net. I realize that you are unable to help me but I think that, perhaps, someone on SF may be familiar with the current Royal Imperial line and may be able to speak about them without the need for a photo or model name.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Entirely a guess,but probably made by Yanko.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.