1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Florsheim by Duckie Brown Cordovan Shoe & Boot Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Mar 16, 2011.

1. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

So here are pictures of my Duckie Brown for Florsheim for Brooks Brothers in tan shell. As I said earlier, mine came out pretty decent. You can still tell they're made in India, but I did not have nearly as many defects as others, and the shell itself is really nice. I ended up keeping them, partly due to the sale price I got. These also might be the exact same ones that Namor shows at the beginning of this thread.

But notice how the soles are painted over white. I found this really odd, and still do. First, they were really slippery until I wore the paint off. And also, I don't know why the sole leather is white.

I've already lightly scuffed one shoe, but was able to rub and brush out the scuff.

Pictures are with flash.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. md2010

md2010 Senior member

can we buy the seconds online ??

3. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I have not tried either of these yet, but according to the Allen Edmonds Appreciation thread, two ways to purchase seconds:

1. Go to, call, or email their outlet stores (also called the Shoe Bank):
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/2115#post_5120274

2. There is a fellow here called allaboutshoes who has great deals. I think his MacNeils in shell are $425:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/263225/...cordovan-all-models-colors-sizes#post_4774789

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. md2010

md2010 Senior member

^^ That’s Bad. These shoes are worth nothing. I am just worried that gilt may not accept my returns on the Cordovan. And the leather and paints are on my cordovan are same as your black pair );
    I am sure if gilt accept your return they will re sell them to some unsuspecting buyers.

7. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

^^
    ^^
    That is pretty nasty stuff put out by DB :fu:

8. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

So aside from the lack of attention to detail, has anybody had issues with the shell cordovan models?

9. Patek

Patek Senior member

Florsheim burnt me with the only pair that I ever bought. This just solidifies my resolution to never buy their crappy shoes.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  10. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

The thing is, md, looking on florsheimbyduckiebrown.com, there is no "Cordovan" color. And as far as I can tell, the "Burgundy" color is only available in shell cordovan. Which is very confusing, because if your shoes don't have the Horween stamp, and you know they aren't cordovan, then clearly the website is wrong. What does it say on the sticker on your Florsheim box? Mine says "The Brogue - Cordovan" and the numbers are 19007 - 602. Is there a chance yours are cordovan without the stamp? Hmmm. I'll get some pictures of mine up later today. I actually am happy with them, a few minor things aside. A good deal for the price, I think.

11. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

As promised, pictures of my burgundy cordovan longwings:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Thanks for the info. I have checked my box and it said - "The Brogue - Cordovan" and the numbers are 19007 - 602 as well. Really confusing now. I just not convinced that mine are cordovan. Maybe your pair is Burgundy .... and gilt just packed all in one ! Could you please post some pictures of your pair.
    Gilt now selling them for $249 .
    Any cordovan expert could you tell if this pair is Shell cordoavn ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

md, do yours also have the 19007 - 602 numbers inside the shoe as well?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  14. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Your pair is Burgundy Shell. Lucky you. Yours looks completely different than mine. On a closer inspection on my pair also realized there are tiny paint bubble around the the edges of toe ( same as namor's picture).
    Not happy chappy !

15. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I have just checked it does say the number inside the shoes as well !! Maybe gilt just trying to de fraud customers !! grrrr

16. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

That's awful, md. Really, really shoddy business practices, it sounds like.

17. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Waiting for my Navy pair now. God knows what gilt is going to send me this time !! As per DB website Navy is Shell Cordovan. But I didn’t buy from DB I bought them from Gilt……
    Also…I think the Shell pairs comes un laced where as leather version comes fully laced off the box…..

18. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Well, mine came laced... so who knows?

19. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Wow, Gilt and Duckie Brown are a bunch of assholes indeed

20. md2010

md2010 Senior member