• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Florence Shop List.

TC11201

Reaction score
FYI, for Bemer, when I was last in Florence (about a year and a half ago), the San Frediano address was for bespoke only. Pret a porter and MTM were done out of the shop around the corner on Via di Camaldoli (less than five minutes away). The Via di Camaldoli store front not only was larger and contained the workshop, but it also had what seemed to be a larger display of styles, etc. Signore Bemer was also there on both occasions I showed up (and even gave me an umbrella when the skies suddenly opened as I was about to leave - and prior to my placing an order - a good man, no doubt).

If you're in the mood for non-sartorial pleasures, while you're trekking between Bemer, Ugolini (right off Piazza Santo Spirito) and Madova at the end of the Ponte Vecchio, there is a store just to the northeast corner of Piazza Santo Spirito, on Via Santo Spirito, just west of the Ponte Santa Trinita which has some fantastic prints (name escapes me, but something like Puck). Then grab some amazing cured meats (at least twenty different cured hams (each still on the bone) from all over Italy) at Olio e Convivium across the street.

Only other recs are do visit the Scuola di Cuoio at Santa Croce (even though every tourist book tells you to do so) - was interesting and the quality of the products was quite good. Also, Scriptorium for great papers - Piazza Pitti on the Oltrano side.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing everyone. There was a few addresses that will be added to my little black book. I'll be in Florence later this month for a Panerai event.

Bloody Phatty knocked some sense into me and I have cancelled my appointment with Hidetaka Fukaya...

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
Thanks for sharing everyone. There was a few addresses that will be added to my little black book. I'll be in Florence later this month for a Panerai event.

Bloody Phatty knocked some sense into me and I have cancelled my appointment with Hidetaka Fukaya...

fool! your great chance to get some great shoes! but nm

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
fool! your great chance to get some great shoes! but nm

Agree with Luk-Cha, he makes great shoes, we met him a couple of weeks ago. While you are there you should at least stop by his shop, I am sure you will change your mind then.

What kind of event are Panerai holding that would warrant a trip to Florence to attend ?, I am not too keen on Panerai to be honest.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Try the poached lambs brain at Il Cibrèo.

Also, take a couple k with you and drink like a fish at Enoteca Pinchiorri. After you are bankrupt, take less money and drink like a fish at Enoteca Fuoriporta.

- B

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k

Now you can buy more cloth
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

LaoHu

Reaction score
I'll second a visit to Cibrèo. Also not to be missed is the pappa al pomodoro at Cantinetta Antinori.

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
I'm not, so any suggestions are welcome.

Here are some ideas:
- Perseus (Viale Don Giovanni Minzon; near Bugelli) for fantastic Bistecca Fiorentina (book in advance, and don't eat for 24hrs in advance)
- Villa la vedetta, has a stunning setting, and amazing, if rather elaborate, food
- Trattoria Da Marione in Via della Spada is a very nice unassuming place for lunch
- There is also an awesome, but basic Trattoria in Maiano, near Fiesole. will get you the details if interested

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by R.O. Thornhill
Here are some ideas:
- Perseus (Viale Don Giovanni Minzon; near Bugelli) for fantastic Bistecca Fiorentina (book in advance, and don't eat for 24hrs in advance)
- Villa la vedetta, has a stunning setting, and amazing, if rather elaborate, food
- Trattoria Da Marione in Via della Spada is a very nice unassuming place for lunch
- There is also an awesome, but basic Trattoria in Maiano, near Fiesole. will get you the details if interested

Consider me interested. Thanks.

Lulworth

Reaction score
Falugi Via Porta Rossa
Is a very basic looking shop actually selling great sheets and towels, tablecloths and runners. But great prices and they will ship.
Amazing crsip white cottons and linen bed sheets and they will make fitted sheets to size.
One kind i remember is by Camillatex - plain white cotton as great prices.
Helps to brush up on your bedsheet vocab first (hem, trim, faggoting (whatever that is)).

Lulworth

Reaction score
OH AND FOOD
I never had a bad meal or anything but 100% good experience in any of these over regular trips past ten years or more.

SOUTH OF ARNO
Cinghiale Bianco Borgo San Jacopo
Mamma Gina Borgo San Jacopo
Camillo Borgo San Jacopo
Quattro Leoni via de Vellutini

NORTH OF ARNO
Garga (via Del Moro)
Parione (via del Parione) ***
Le Fonticine (via Nazionale near station)
Tredici Gobbi via della porcellana
Buca Mario ***
Buca Lapi via Del Trebbio ***

Cocco Lezzone is famous but a rip off. Ok for lunch tho.. esp if your in a hurry.
Cibreo is fantastic for foodies but pricey and the showmanship can be offputting.

Out of town
OMERO ***- great little garden section in house opposite Michaelangelo's (15mins cab ride) great for a late summer dinner.

Tell them Lulworth sent you...

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For most of these restaurants - do I need to book far in advance or could I wait until I arrive?

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
For most of these restaurants - do I need to book far in advance or could I wait until I arrive?

Should be able to wait until you arrive - with potential exception of Villa la Vedetta which may be booked slightly further in advance (esp for Fri/Sat)

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in Florence 2 days ago and will be going back next week

Only had 2hrs in the city on friday but saw Simone at Tie Your Tie (loved their fall stuff and have pictures of the entire store)

also saw Milord (another worthwhile visit)

next week I'll go through the rest of these lists and post pictures of the stores when I return

one not on your lists is "LR" in an unmarked storefront on ** edit** VIA PORTA ROSSA right off the main shopping district- he carries Settantatre shoes which are made by ex- Sutor Mantellassi people for a 400 - 550 EU's and they are stunning - a must visit if you like shoes. Actually they look more like Kiton shoes and i was stopped in my tracks walking by and seeing them in the window

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads