• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was time to update shopping in Florence. There have been several threads that are quite old, or focus on bespoke or outlet shopping. Please post your recommendations for quality RTW classic menswear, sportswear or unique home decor and lifestyle shopping in Florence.

I am heading there soon and in checking with a number of regular travelers to Florence they all suggest:

Menswear:

Simone Righi's store, Frasi at Via dei Federighi

e69b5b753a6816fccfdaeef010c259ba--firenze-layering.jpg

Tie Your Tie at Piazza de' Rucellai, 8R

Liverano & Liverano (has some RTW) at Via dei Fossi, 43

New to RTW is Sartoria Vestrucci at 2 Via Maggio 58 Rosso

sartoria-Vestrucci-florence.jpg

Bernardo
www.bernardofirenze.it

Via Porta Rossa, 87

Simone Abbarchi
simoneabbarchi.com

Borgo Santissimi Apostoli, 16 (Shirtmaker. Although not RTW he will make a test shirt in only 24 hours)

Fragrance:

Santa Maria Novello at Via della Scala, 16

Lorenzo Villoresi at Via de' Bardi 1 2

Leathergoods:

Saic https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/saicfirenze/

Scuola del Cuoio, Via S. Giuseppe, 5R

1426249353corridoioconartigiani.jpg

Home Decor/Lifestyle

Planning to walk the workshops of the Oltrarno Quarter

Please post any further recommendations for these categories or others.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adding to the list shoes:

Stefano Bemer
www.stefanobemersrl.com

Via di S. Niccolò, 2

Il Micio
Via de’ Federighi, 6

Mannina
www.manninafirenze.com

Via De’ Barbadori, 19 and Via Guicciardini, 16

These three were all recommended by Permanent Style as offering RTW, some have accessories and they offer bespoke

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Madova Gloves has a shop in the Oltrarno

Reactions: Gus

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luciano for gloves.

Principe for menswear.

Rinascente- limited stuff.

Casini- unique leather jackets and bags.

Ottino- leather bags.

And so much more if you just ignore igent favourites.

flvinny521

Reaction score
@GusW I thought Tie Your Tie was gone and Frasi it's "spiritual successor?"

I had a shirt made by Simone Abbarchi and it came out nicely. I also looked at Mannina and the shoes looked great, walked by Bemer's but didn't go inside because my wife wasn't feeling well.

Edit: never mind, I found the Tie Your Tie website, it is indeed open. Was it closed for a time and just re-opened, or am I thinking of another Florence staple that's now closed? I could have sworn when I was planning my trip that TYT was nowhere to be found.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@GusW I thought Tie Your Tie was gone and Frasi it's "spiritual successor?"

I had a shirt made by Simone Abbarchi and it came out nicely. I also looked at Mannina and the shoes looked great, walked by Bemer's but didn't go inside because my wife wasn't feeling well.

Edit: never mind, I found the Tie Your Tie website, it is indeed open. Was it closed for a time and just re-opened, or am I thinking of another Florence staple that's now closed? I could have sworn when I was planning my trip that TYT was nowhere to be found.

You may be thinking of the closing of the long-time classic Milord.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any firsthand experience with Shibumi Firenze? I've seen them on Instagram and they show a variety of fairly classic accessories but I don't know about the quality or originality of their style.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not RTW, but Gusto is my favorite pizza in Florence. Highly recommended.

flvinny521

Reaction score
Does anyone have any firsthand experience with Shibumi Firenze? I've seen them on Instagram and they show a variety of fairly classic accessories but I don't know about the quality or originality of their style.

I actually tried to walk in during my stay there. First of all, it's somewhat difficult to find their location. Also, I don't remember what time I showed up, but the door was locked, so I knocked on the door and an Asian woman opened it just a crack. I tried to indicate that I was interested in looking at their products, but I don't think she spoke any English, and just closed the door on me. I am not sure if they have regular retail hours, or maybe it's just a workshop or something (which would explain why they're so hard to find in the first place).

Edit: I should mention I had also sent a PM to the Shibumi guys here on the site a week or so before my visit, and to date, neither of them have responded. It seems they are no longer active on the site, missed my message altogether, or weren't interested in selling their wares to an American (kidding, I hope).

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually tried to walk in during my stay there. First of all, it's somewhat difficult to find their location. Also, I don't remember what time I showed up, but the door was locked, so I knocked on the door and an Asian woman opened it just a crack. I tried to indicate that I was interested in looking at their products, but I don't think she spoke any English, and just closed the door on me. I am not sure if they have regular retail hours, or maybe it's just a workshop or something (which would explain why they're so hard to find in the first place).

Edit: I should mention I had also sent a PM to the Shibumi guys here on the site a week or so before my visit, and to date, neither of them have responded. It seems they are no longer active on the site, missed my message altogether, or weren't interested in selling their wares to an American (kidding, I hope).

Thanks for this feedback. They are very active on IG so maybe I will try messaging them and see if they are indeed open for regular retail visitors.

flvinny521

Reaction score
Thanks for this feedback. They are very active on IG so maybe I will try messaging them and see if they are indeed open for regular retail visitors.

Please add a reply in the thread if you get a response. I plan to go back again and I'd make another attempt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads