• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok so I am at least interested in the recent Pitti-and-that-set trend of floral/Hawaiian shirts under tailoring. Might rock it once or twice over the summer.

So where do I get floral/Hawaiian shirts?

Not interested in being talked out of this in this thread as I am familiar with the reasons this is a bad idea.

Please and thank you.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know, I know.

For the record thinking about it with stuff like the spier Mackay tobacco fresco suit, a tan summer weight jacket with undyed linen trousers, etc.

But. I know.
I actually really like this trend. I’ll probably never try it, but enjoy seeing others do so. So what’s next. We’ve seen banded collars with tailored clothes. Maybe dashikis or soccer jerseys.

Last edited:

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have a Costco nearby, you might check to see if they sell any Cooke Street Aloha shirts. These are my staple Aloha shirt, actually made in Hawaii, good quality, and come in a wide range of fabric designs.

For a more local-Hawaiian look, you might consider one of the "inside out" shirts. These are made with the bright printed side of the fabric on the inside, and the more subdued pastel side facing out. Locals tend to go for these styles while tourists go for the louder designs. ;)

Aloha-shirt.jpg

emptym

Reaction score
I'd check eBay and thrift stores. I posted a couple pics of my favorite one, thrifted 20+ yrs ago. The brand is Waltah Clarke's:
All these Pitti pics of Hawaiian shirts have me jumping on the wagon. View attachment 992374
Actually, I wore this a month ago and have had this shirt since I thrifted it 21 yrs ago. I usually wear a sport coat and tie to work, but on hot days I sometimes wear a barong, guayabera, or Hawaiian/aloha shirt (all of which are the equivalent of a sport coat and tie), usually w/ fresco or linen pants. But this was just casual.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was helpful! Got two shirts in the mail now.

bullrams

Reaction score
It was helpful! Got two shirts in the mail now.

Don't mind my asking, which brand - and what's your experience?

Never ever wore floral/Hawaiian/Aloha shirts before - this is me getting out of my comfort zone.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't mind my asking, which brand - and what's your experience?

Never ever wore floral/Hawaiian/Aloha shirts before - this is me getting out of my comfort zone.

Got them from Two Palms. I like ‘em, and enjoyed wearing them under tailoring a la Pitti despite how objectively ridiculous it is.

8F3CFB8C-1D1F-4407-8547-8BC5B55D292F.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads