• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flip flops - anyone like em?

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear them around the house and to the beach and have no problems. They don't feel like they are going to fall off, they have arch support, are very comfortable, and are the best thing to wear to a beach. Are you that guy that wears sneakers and socks to the beach?

I don't wear them anywhere else because I can't wear them while driving or usually I'm out hiking, etc where they aren't appropriate. My girl likes the look of them mixed with pants and jeans though.

kakemono

Reaction score
My uncle got some type of disease under the nail of his big toe and they had to amputate it. His first words coming out of surgery: "Well, I guess i cant wear my flip-flops anymore."

anyways, I own exactly 0 pairs of flip flops. I wear loosely tied tennis shoes with no socks when it is hot out.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Why the **** is there a thread on this on style forum?

Flip flops are not style, they are marsupialed and heinous.

The same bitches who like these are the same ones who love amjacks.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, i think the general consensus is that no one really "likes" them, but they're sort of necessary for running errands and lounging around if you're in miserabley hot weather like florida or something. If i lived in boston or something i probably would never really wear them and just wear slip ons or boat shoes during the summer. When i run errands or something or drive somewhere to pick up pizza or a sub to go, i'm usually in basketball shorts, a tshirt and flip flops. If i'm going somewhere as an event or at night or to lunch with friends, i'll put on jeans, a decent shirt and shoes.

I need more outfits with my various shorts though. I don't know what i'm going to do when school starts back up in 2 weeks. I don't want to walk around campus in PBJs every day, but i also don't want to wear lounge clothes. I got some work to do.

It's not like anyone is really arguing they're cool or fashionable. Most people would rather not wear them.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Why the **** is there a thread on this on style forum?

Flip flops are not style, they are marsupialed and heinous.

The same bitches who like these are the same ones who love amjacks.

Indeed.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for a Florida neccessity. I'm guessing none of the people who hate them have ever lived in warm weather by the beach. Though I hardly ever wear mine anymore as I find them a pain to drive stick in, but they're fine for just running to grocery store or paired with linen for a beach bar.

boo

Reaction score
I just placed an order for a pair of Chacos:
6220-356491-d.jpg

I'm generally not that comfortable with flip-flops due to the lack of arch support, but I've been told that these are extremely comfortable. Anyone have experience with these?

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rainbows, baby. I don't care if that makes me a Laguna Beach North Coast So Cal South Padre Daytona reject, but I wear them all the time, I wear them with SF approved clothing (OMGZ, RAINBOWS AND 5EPS?!?!) and I love them.

Even better: Rainbows, seersucker shorts and a plain t-shirt or nice polo. Really, that oufit can only go with sandals of some sort or deck shoes, but there is absolutely a point where sandals contribute to style. That outfit would look stupid with cons or I'd say most other sneakers, and even then anyone who says it would look better with Vans than flip flops isn't making much of a point.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless you are a professional... Just don't do it. If you are a professional... Rainbows only.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rainbows are ok but most I see are suede or leather and that makes them unfit for anything even close to water and companies like Reef make similar models for 1/2 the cost.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Negative. They make plenty of rubber ones and the leather ones work fine in, near and out of the water.

jackassery

Reaction score
Ha rainbows aren't good for use near water? Thats crazy, water on the leather creates the Rainbow character. I don't think I know anyone that doesn't own at least one pair of rainbows. I also know, granted they are in college, people that don't own actual shoes. They live in Rainbows rain or shine.

My friends dad is a fairly well off attorney and is an impeccable dresser. I wasn't surprised to find out he reads AAAC farily regularly. And if he doesnt have his Handgrade C&J's on hes rocking the Rainbows.

-Jamaal

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Fok can we delete this thread about womens footwear?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Love flip flops in the summer, indespensible.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i don't see why they are so ugly actually. whats to hate about them? i'm sure if they could find some exotic fabric or labor intensive way to create them that some how jacked up the price and made them expensive/exclusive there would be some idiot on here that would buy them. i mean we buy $200 pairs of jeans that we beat to shreds and don't wash for months at a time. its all relative.

anyway, i own rainbows also and wear them with my Flat Head 3001's when i'm running around town. they also can withstand water too. mine have gotten submerged plenty of times.

sometimes i wear vans slipons or hi top chucks that i cut and made into low tops but sometimes you feet need to breath in 100 degree, humid as **** houston summer weather.

if i'm going out somewhere casual for the night i'll throw on some banana republic leather/leather soled flip flops. they go really well with a linen military shirt and loose shorts

sandals are ugly in every shape and form. tevas and chacos are just stupid looking and just get on my nerves bc kids at my school wear them bc they go with their northface backpacks and nalgene bottles and carribeaners that make them look like 'oh i'm rich but i'm down to earth and go hiking - alot'. and then there are those leathe soled 80's looking leather strapped contraptions that look they belong on don johnson and his rolled up white blazers haha

seriously, these or flip flops?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics