1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Flint and Tinder: Premium Men's Underwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CalTex, Jun 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Just ordered two briefs to try. If I like them as much as I hope I will, I'll revamp my entire undies drawer... whenever they bring gray back.

2. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

go to the main site.

kickstarter is done and gone.

3. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Kickstarter supporters get 30% !

You should have received an email.

Get at it!

4. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Thought I'd post a bit about my Flint & Tinder experience. I purchased two of their briefs back in December. The fabric and construction are definitely superb. When I first put them on, they are amazingly comfortable. However, (going to be blunt here), they wedge worse than my Hanes briefs, for whatever reason. So that's obviously no good, and has prevented me from buying more. At this point, I'm happier with my Hanes briefs, of which I can get 5 for the for the price of 1 from F&T. That said, I'd still like to try F&T boxers and trunks, but they can't seem to be able to keep a decent stock of colors and sizes.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  5. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Senior member

My experience is only with the trunks, and I love them. I'm waiting for my Fruit of the Loom boxer briefs to finally degrade to the point where I can justify making another large underwear purchase. The Fruit of the Looms aren't bad at all; I just find the F & T more comfortable. Luxurious, even. It's the quality of the cotton and that wonderful band.

By the way, I used to wear Calvin Klein boxer briefs until I decided that they weren't sufficiently better (if at all) than the Fruit of the Looms to justify the significant price jump. I feel the opposite regarding F&T.

6. MrGrotto

MrGrotto Member

I got a pair of trunks a few weeks ago. Love the idea and design but the fit is a bit off for me. Maybe my ass is tall, but I find myself exposing a bit more of my "back" than I'd like. Anyone else have a similar experience? Maybe I should give 'em another try but size up?

7. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I'm waiting for them to change the color of the waistband. white was a dumb idea IMO.

8. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

I kinda like the white waistband. As I recall, the initial iterations (perhaps only pre-production samples) also had white elastic around the leg openings and the fly, which I liked even more.

9. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Just got an email about Flint & Tinder sweatshirts! They're doing another Kickstarter and $89 secures a pre-order. Very tempted to pledge...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  10. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Fit looks like it may suck.

I remember their T-shirts being too wide.

I think you're better off with Reigning Champ, Wings Horns, Engineered Garments, etc.

11. jiomitori

jiomitori Senior member

I recently replaced all of my underwear with Flint and Tinder. I've been really happy with the heritage briefs and trunks.

12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I bought four briefs during the Cyber Monday sale. They're much better than anything else I've tried.