• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fleece blazers - what the hell to wear with them?

dsmolken

Reaction score
I picked up a fleece blazer on sale at Zara a couple months ago, and it's great for those times when I want to sorta fake being dressed up, but wave my arms around a lot. It won't wrinkle from all the arm-waving, and if I sweat like a pig I can throw it in the washing machine. Plus, it gets compliments of the "That's a very nice thing you're wearing, whatever that thing is" variety from girls.

But I'm clueless as to what can/should I wear with this thing. Can it work with a tie, and if so, what material? What kind of trousers?

FWIW here's what the thing looks like. The piping's fake - just printed on there, complete with fake printed pickstitching. I think that's great!

l_bdf2d44177b74485a1e58d7c14971cac.jpg

And with silly arm-waving:

l_80844572472e4820a7254f41c3d0129b.jpg

Photos are kinda small, but maybe there's some better views on video:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

And, yeah, shorten the sleeves by about six inches, I know.

dsmolken

Reaction score
Maybe I should have posted this in SW&D instead? Sure I probably wouldn't get any advice either, but at least I'd have gotten a few insults hurled my way, haha.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Wear it with wool or silk knit ties, and with jeans, flannel or moleskin pants.

dsmolken

Reaction score
Thanks. Wool ties were one thing I was wondering about... though very different materials, both seem similarly "casual yet dressed up".

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Actually - if it were me - I'd wear it without a tie, and the sleeves rolled up a bit, provided you've got long sleeves showing underneath. Wear it with a bold gingham or box plaid shirt and you're probably good to go.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah! You're playing the bass backwards.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Woah! You're playing the bass backwards.

People said the same about Jimi Hendrix. Don't hate.

smile.gif

dsmolken

Reaction score
Heh, yes I am playing ass backwards. And I'm actually right-handed, too, just learned to play "wrong" when I started out on guitar years ago...

As far as ties go, I'll probably go tieless 80% of the time, yeah, but occasionally might want to wear one. Bold plaid shirts, definitely a good idea. Rolling up the sleeves, I'll try. Thanks.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about a fleece bowtie?

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsmolken
Thanks. Wool ties were one thing I was wondering about... though very different materials, both seem similarly "casual yet dressed up".

I was thinking brown wool tie as well, but knit sounds good. Now more about that lead singer.

dsmolken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
How about a fleece bowtie?
Y'know, Zara actually had skinny ties that looked like typical sweatshirt fleece. Cost the same as their silk ties, though. There might be a fleece bowtie out there somewhere. I wouldn't put it past a brand like RL Rugby to have made one at some point.
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
Now more about that lead singer.
Heh, the singers are both 18, so it's OK to drool over them. We've got more pics and videos at http://www.myspace.com/kojacezajace

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads