• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flea Market, Garage Sale and Auction Finds & Adventures Thread

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post here photos of your flea market, garage sale, boot sale and auction adventures and finds.

I visit the Alameda Flea Market the first Sunday of each month and here are a few of my adventures.

These are a few of my favorite things to look for while walking flea markets and vintage shops. I love the story, materials and craftsmanship behind these items.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are more shots from the Alameda Points Faire:

Several vendors offer pillows made from vintage fabrics from around the world.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran into this vendor yesterday selling vintage LV. Rather shocked to see how much the LV suitcases go for. The construction and hardware is beautiful. But, damn, it's so heavy. Unless it comes with a bellman, I'm sticking with roll-ons.

Reactions: RSS

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been adding to my collection of vintage western, ranch and Southwest buckles. Here are a few.

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Ran into this vendor yesterday selling vintage LV. Rather shocked to see how much the LV suitcases go for. The construction and hardware is beautiful. But, damn, it's so heavy. Unless it comes with a bellman, I'm sticking with roll-ons.

Beautiful pieces. How much were they marked for if you don't mind me asking?

I'll have to start contributing, try to hit at least one or two auctions/flea markets a month. Couple of finds from the Nashville Flea Market yesterday.
NOS Lakefield Union Made Shearling Lined Bomber, Schott Wings of Gold, Pendleton Blackwatch.

Last edited:

medomusi

Reaction score
NOS Lakefield Union Made Shearling Lined Bomber, Schott Wings of Gold, Pendleton Blackwatch.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mexican biker rings. You wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of a fist wearing these.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sewn fabric nautical flag, letter "V". These look great framed along with the connecting hardware and rope.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Sunday is the Alameda flea market located right on the edge of SF bay. That is downtown SF in the background.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up this vintage English bus route sign. It now hangs in my wife's office. Love the retro typeface.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot that I started this thread....

A couple of vintage Navajo rugs. The square weaving is a saddle blanket.

DSCF0748.jpg
IMG_6906.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads