• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Flea Market, Garage Sale and Auction Finds & Adventures Thread

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Post here photos of your flea market, garage sale, boot sale and auction adventures and finds.

I visit the Alameda Flea Market the first Sunday of each month and here are a few of my adventures.

These are a few of my favorite things to look for while walking flea markets and vintage shops. I love the story, materials and craftsmanship behind these items.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here are more shots from the Alameda Points Faire:

Several vendors offer pillows made from vintage fabrics from around the world.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ran into this vendor yesterday selling vintage LV. Rather shocked to see how much the LV suitcases go for. The construction and hardware is beautiful. But, damn, it's so heavy. Unless it comes with a bellman, I'm sticking with roll-ons.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been adding to my collection of vintage western, ranch and Southwest buckles. Here are a few.

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Ran into this vendor yesterday selling vintage LV. Rather shocked to see how much the LV suitcases go for. The construction and hardware is beautiful. But, damn, it's so heavy. Unless it comes with a bellman, I'm sticking with roll-ons.

Beautiful pieces. How much were they marked for if you don't mind me asking?

I'll have to start contributing, try to hit at least one or two auctions/flea markets a month. Couple of finds from the Nashville Flea Market yesterday.
NOS Lakefield Union Made Shearling Lined Bomber, Schott Wings of Gold, Pendleton Blackwatch.

Last edited:

medomusi

Reaction score
NOS Lakefield Union Made Shearling Lined Bomber, Schott Wings of Gold, Pendleton Blackwatch.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mexican biker rings. You wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of a fist wearing these.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This Sunday is the Alameda flea market located right on the edge of SF bay. That is downtown SF in the background.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Picked up this vintage English bus route sign. It now hangs in my wife's office. Love the retro typeface.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 59 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 114 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 103 30.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%