• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Flat front pants with pockets off the seams??

amadar

Reaction score
So I would really like to find flat front pants whose pockets are not on the seams so as to avoid pocket flare (I have slightly large hips which cause this). I don't think that my hips are so big that I can only where pleated pants, but before I go in that direction I want to see if any of you had recommendations of brands/labels which offer flat front pants with off-seam pockets. This trait usually isnt listed in any sales descriptions I've run across.

Btw I have a pair of Mabitex that appear to have off-seam pockets, but I'm looking for more diversity (oh and to be more specific I'm looking for business casual type pants. Thanks guys!!

amadar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
If the pants fit you, they won't flare. Have the seat taken out on a pair of flat front pants.

I really don't want to have to have the seat taken out of any of my pants. I do want to have a tighter fit in the thighs/seat area, and having the seat taken out to adjust for flaring will not help me keep this look, I don't think. Just looking for pants with pockets off the seams! Suggestions?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amadar
I really don't want to have to have the seat taken out of any of my pants. I do want to have a tighter fit in the thighs/seat area, and having the seat taken out to adjust for flaring will not help me keep this look, I don't think. Just looking for pants with pockets off the seams! Suggestions?

pretty much every OTR pant comes with quarter top pockets. You need to be more specific in terms of budget/style. Off the top of my head, Brooks Brothers, JPress, JCrew, Paul Stuart, Ralph Lauren, etc etc etc

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amadar

I'm confused. If the pockets flare out, then the pants don't fit. Why wouldn't you have the seat let out?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.