• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flat butt syndrom

earlburtnett

Reaction score
hi
ive have this issue for years..its causing me to not be able to wear jeans comfortability..i know the answer is suspenders but which one?thanks

lenny

Todd Shelton

Reaction score
hi
ive have this issue for years..its causing me to not be able to wear jeans comfortability..i know the answer is suspenders but which one?thanks

lenny
Hi Lenny. I hear tons of guys talk about this, it's super common. But in all my years, I've only seen a couple of guys choose suspenders as the solution. Are you able to wear pants and trousers without suspenders successfully? Or are you wearing suspenders with your pants and trousers?

A few things to consider with fit that will affect this: waist fit (can't be too loose), rise, seat and thigh circumference (if those areas are not too loose that could help), and how much stuff you put in your pockets.

earlburtnett

Reaction score
hi finally some help with thuis issue..had this problem all my life..well heres the situation..a belt wont keep my pants..im forever pulling up my pants..i take a 40x30 pants in a stretch style.i need that extra streath the way my waist is..i keep my wallet keys in my pockets..plus my cell phone in the back pocket of my pants...the suspenders help pretty much its just hard to adjust them so there comfortable..hope that gives you an idea of my situation..thanks much

Todd Shelton

Reaction score
What part of the country do you live in? And do you have any particular pant that fits you the best (stays up the best)?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound rude, and I could be way off on this, but is your waist larger than your hips? If your lower body is shaped such that your waist is your widest part of your body, then trousers that don't come up to your waist are destined to slide downwards. If so then your best bet will be suspenders. Even with suspenders it will help to have trousers or jeans with a higher rise.

Todd Shelton

Reaction score
hi new jersey..levis with suspenders..i need suspenders for everything..
There's a chance I can help, but I'm not sure. I'm in New Jersey too, East Rutherford - so you could visit our factory if you're in Northern New Jersey. If you take a look at what we do and our price points, and you think it's a fit for you, then email me directly and we can set up a time for you to stop in. You can see what we do here: www.toddshelton.com and you can email me at [email protected] Thanks.

earlburtnett

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound rude, and I could be way off on this, but is your waist larger than your hips? If your lower body is shaped such that your waist is your widest part of your body, then trousers that don't come up to your waist are destined to slide downwards. If so then your best bet will be suspenders. Even with suspenders it will help to have trousers or jeans with a higher rise.
hi no rudeness your trying to help...im not sure about the higher rise thing or where you buy them..
but I found that even with suspenders its not going to be perfect butr at least I feel pretty confident that my pants will stay up..thanks for your feedback anyway

earlburtnett

Reaction score
There's a chance I can help, but I'm not sure. I'm in New Jersey too, East Rutherford - so you could visit our factory if you're in Northern New Jersey. If you take a look at what we do and our price points, and you think it's a fit for you, then email me directly and we can set up a time for you to stop in. You can see what we do here: www.toddshelton.com and you can email me at [email protected] Thanks.
hi so your basically tailors right..my father had the flat butt problem(like father like son I guess lol)he used tailors too.when he gained weight theyd let the pants out and he lost weight theyd let the pants out.he said it got to be very expensive to do this..lol
not sure I want to go that way..but ill ponder it thanks

earlburtnett

Reaction score
you had mentioned most guys don't use suspenders..what do they do?

Todd Shelton

Reaction score
It’s just that I haven’t seen many cases of suspenders with jeans. For the few I’ve seen, suspenders were the persons best option. My simplest guidance would be to search for a higher rise jean, it could help but most likely won’t solve this issue.

earlburtnett

Reaction score
It’s just that I haven’t seen many cases of suspenders with jeans. For the few I’ve seen, suspenders were the persons best option. My simplest guidance would be to search for a higher rise jean, it could help but most likely won’t solve this issue.
high rise jeans huh...I did check this out and if they are the high rise jeans you suggest they are 128.00 per jean..they make suspenders for jeans that hook onto the belt loop of your pants but im not sure about those.,.I use the clip on type of suspenders.. then there surgery but its tricky..they have something that has foam built into it at the butt..its like underwear but its got this foam where the butt is..i tried it but the pants pulled it down still..i think suspenders are the only option I have..but its not exactly a perfact fit..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads