• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Flannels and Western shirts

gabby11303

Reaction score
I just picked up one of the Flat Head Flannels from Self Edge and it's great. Self Edge has a ton of great westerns and flannels. I was wondering if there were other stores/companies to look at who carry similar shirts.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
flannels and westerns are pretty ubiquitous. What specifically did you like about the FH shirts that you'd want from other brands?

Wu Dynasty

Reaction score
Practically every mall brand sells flannels and western shirts.

whatuknowaboutthat

Reaction score
take a look at the westerns RRL offers. Fit is EXCELLENT and the styling is top notch as well. As ubiquitous westerns are, Self Edge westerns are on a league of their own when compared to "mall brands." So check out RRL and maybe even the new season of LVC.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mossimo (Target) has some decent flannels for ~$15-20. They're thin, so better for those of us in warmer climes, but nice for the price.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can attest to the awesome fit of RRL shirts. No sure where is the best place to get them though, ebay is flooded with jeans but not much else it seems. I've come close to purchasing the self-edge shirt a few times but never pulled the trigger. I guess I'm a picky bastard.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
FH make cool replicas of vintage pieces. Dig around on ebay or get your hands dirty and go to a flea market/antique mall/thrift store/garage sale/what have you and you might find some of the same features you dig.

robbie

Admiral Kelvinator

Reaction score
While I agree that nice western and flannel shirts can be readily found in thrift stores everywhere, if the OP is really dead set on Japanese repro brands, then 45rpm has some very, very nice flannel shirts this time of year.

I have a lightweight Pure Blue Japan flannel shirt from BiG that I love.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The sizing is crazy, but if you normally wear a large, then it's tough to beat Pendleton's washable wool flannels in size small. They're really warm and freaking last forever.

The blackwatch one is my favorite.

http://www.pendleton-usa.com/jump.js...iProductID=365

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
I'm trying to get ahold of a Wings + Horns Western flannel in brown/olive/ochre colors. Some dude was selling one here in B&S but I was too late - it was bought up fast. Anyone know where I can find one in XL? I don't see it on Blackbirds site.

Admiral Kelvinator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sidney

I'm beyond smitten with Iron Heart's flannel from this most recent "season".

Did anyone here pick up Iron Heart's new super heavy weight flannel? I wanted to jump on a blue one, but by the time I got around to it they were all gone

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40