1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Flannel stroller

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Taliesin, May 5, 2005.

1. Taliesin

Taliesin Member

For my wedding this September, I'm in need of daytime formal wear. Â I've been leaning towards the stroller, instead of the cutaway. Â Given how infrequent the need is for such garments, my plan was to rent. Â Then I saw this Brioni for sale: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....c=photo The question I had is whether this "flannel" garment would be too hot, and/or is that the typical material for a stroller, such that any rental suit would be equally warm? Â The wedding and reception are both indoors, around noon, in Washington, D.C., where the average high temp in mid-September is 88 degrees. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

2. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

As someone who spent many summers in DC, I can say in complete confidence that this coat will be much too hot. You will melt. Rental coats, while atrocious in most respects, are at least made of lightweight plain weave worsteds.

3. Taliesin

Taliesin Member

Manton: Thanks. I will follow your recommendation and pass on the flannel.

4. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

Were it my size I'd consider changing the wedding date to after Thanksgiving. :)