• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flannel recommendation needed

tonyteesdale

Reaction score
I live in cold ass South Dakota. I'm a college student, but still like to stand out from the everyday guy, so I like to step up my wardrobe game on a regular. Here's my question. I'm looking for a athletic fitting flannel shirt, prefereably one that comes in multiple color options and I could order online (South Dakota doesn't really have good shopping) and that would still be warm. Also, I would like to find some waffle weave henleys to wear with them. I'm feeling like more of that Hugh Jackman Wolverine style than grandpa bumpkin style. I like jeans, so something that would fit well with that, and I have a short torso and wide shoulders, so long shirts look weird on me...

Any help fellas?

Thanks!

Last edited:

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man ton will not be amused when he opens this thread

tonyteesdale

Reaction score
I'm new to the forums, so if I missed some necessary etiquette I apologize. And if I'm going to be schooled in flannel it's more than welcome... Albeit hopefully respectfully?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There is a Streetwear & Denim forum right under Men's Clothing. There are lots of threads about different brands and online shopping. Click on some of the sponsor links too.

The term flannel in this forum is used generally for suit fabric.

Last edited:

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you could peep llbean and landsend where they have da schwag for you to check yo fresh game on the regular

tonyteesdale

Reaction score
I shudder at the word "swag" or any variation if it's spelling. Same with overuse of the word "fresh" lol.

And yup, nailed it... all I need is RRL.

...and on that note a bigger damn paycheck.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's in the sportswear section...Streetwear & Denim! ;)

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J Crew, Gap, Steven Alan, and even Old Navy have some nice flannel shirts.
I would check the SW&D part of this site for more info.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads