1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Flannel/Fleece Lined Jeans?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by microbrew, Nov 30, 2012.

1. microbrew

microbrew Active Member

My brother asked for some flannel lined jeans for Christmas and I want to get him something thats going to look good and last a while. I know there probably aren't too many SF approved flannel-lined jeans out there, but does anyone have any suggestions?

I know LL Bean makes some (cut is probably atrocious, though) and so does Eddie Bauer and maybe J Crew?

2. AllWiseMen

AllWiseMen Member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  3. microbrew

microbrew Active Member

I should also mention that my brother has a kind of conservative style and probably wears straight-leg or 'relaxed fit' jeans. I'm hoping to find something that will fit like a Levi 514 cut.

Do the Weird Guys fit like a 514 at all? I see it has tapered legs so probably not.

I appreciate the help.

4. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Just get some Uniqlo heattech from Uniqlo to wear underneath normal jeans - more versatile than buying jeans just for winter.

5. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Weird Guys are substantially tapered and will not suit your brother if he demands a relaxed fit. I'm not sure if N&F made the blanket-lined jeans in any other cuts, but if you can find it in regular fit I second the recommendation -- they're perfect protection from winter winds.

Another option at a higher price point is Iron Heart's water-resistant-coated flannel lined jeans. Be warned they are HEAVY AS SHITE due to the 21oz denim combined with thick flannel for an effective total weight of 35-40oz (!).