• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flannel Bay Napoli.

neyus

Reaction score
I like the song even though its overplayed

literasyme

Reaction score
Sorry to resuscitate this ancient thread, but could anyone offer some insight into this company? They were recommended on here a while ago as a cheaper alternative to the more famous Neapolitan brands, and mentioned in one breath with Partenopea and La Vera (though not, I suspect, as equals in quality). Yoox has a lot of their sports coats and some suits at very low prices, but I suspect that's partly a reflection of the construction quality, right?

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
FB is decent but in no way even roughly in the same league as the Neapolitan big boys. materials are average, construction is average to unimpressive, fits are all over the map. not even in the same league as boglioli, caruso, cantarelli, etc. you will immediately be able to tell the difference when you put one on -- stiff and unforgiving.

essentially, what you will be getting is a machine-made fused suit (none of that feathery canvassing) that mimics some of the styling of the big boys, but with substantially lower quality and much lower predictability around what you're going to get.

having said that: i have an old FB suit that has the most beautifully-contoured quarters of all time and i'd put them on every jacket if i could.

if yoox is selling them in the very low hundreds you may want to consider it -- otherwise i'd pass. but in any event you should not be under any illusions about what you will be getting.

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
i love those postage stamp-sized pictures on their web site. HTH are we supposed to tell anything? and it's blaring the most godawful prog-rock in the background. less music and more real pictures, please.

literasyme

Reaction score
Thanks -- that's what I figured (and what the video on their website unwittingly suggested). Did sound too good to be true...

Il-Principe-Am*dam

Reaction score
I'm very happy and satisfied with Flannel Bay, this company is very flexible and has a perfect service. I just received my first suits and jackets of them with my own patterns and the fit is perfect. The jackets are fantastic for travelling cause of the small part of canvas, they are thin, light and don't wrinkle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads