• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flaking facial skin

mikej77

Reaction score
I think a question on irritated facial skin was asked recently but short of going to a dermatologist, I have used Atopalm face wash and face lotion with great results. You can pick them up at skinstore.com.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the red spots, but if your skin is flaky just try a daily routine of a nice gentle face wash (no beads) and afterwards dry and put on face lotion.

captainmo

Reaction score
Other than the red puffy spots, it sounds like it might just be dry from the winter - lotion should take care of that.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Increasing your water intake will help as well.

RVAduffer

Reaction score
Eat a little better, stay hydrated, and moisturize witha facial moisturizer, not a body moisturizer.

Keon

Reaction score
I had red blotches to the right and left of my nose. They would flake by the end of the day. I'm using Eucerin "redness" facewash and lotion and it seems to be helping.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a similar issue every once in a while. Try Selsun blue or Head n Shoulders. When you shampoo your hair, do your face, too. Trust me.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drink water.

don't drink alcohol or caffeine.

don't smoke.

kakemono

Reaction score
If it mainly peels around facial hair (when you have it) and your eyebrows... along with a bad case of dandruff, it is possible you have the same skin disease as me. I have flaky facial skin, but they are oily flakes that mainly concentrate around my hairline and facial hair... it pretty much sucks... b/c moisturzers don't work

Keon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kakemono
If it mainly peels around facial hair (when you have it) and your eyebrows... along with a bad case of dandruff, it is possible you have the same skin disease as me. I have flaky facial skin, but they are oily flakes that mainly concentrate around my hairline and facial hair... it pretty much sucks... b/c moisturzers don't work

Do you take long hot showers?

Do you smoke?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Increasing your water intake will help as well.

I know someone with dry red skin, and as much as I tell them to do this, they never follow through and constantly drink less liquids than they should. Nevermind eat less than they should as well. Need water + nurishment it will definitely help!

Reaction score
try a milder face soap like dr. bronners
again, hydrate

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads