1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing up a new wardrobe!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fashion_newbie, Aug 30, 2006.

1. fashion_newbie

fashion_newbie Senior member

As an update, went to Gap yesterday and picked up two sweaters. One is a regular grey V-neck but the other is the attached picture. I thought it looked cool, something different. I dont have and have never worn anything close to a cardigan..how do I pull this off without looking like a grandpa?

Still looking for thoughts on what goes well with a purple v-neck too!

Thanks!

2. familyman

familyman Senior member

Looks darn nice. Don't hunch over and use a walker and you'll be safe. A good fitted fit will help as well. Post a picture of yourself in it?

3. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

that's a nice sweater. i think it would look good with some aviator sunglasses. I definitaley agree that a fitted fit would be best.

4. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

That's a sharp cardigan, especially if it fits well. I prefer buttons to zippers, but there are just as many people who feel the opposite, I think.

5. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Still looking for thoughts on what goes well with a purple v-neck too!

Thanks!

Dress shirt underneath? White or light blue, as a solid. Light green is a bolder choice, but if you don't already have one, there is no reason to bother. Pants in tan, olive, or maybe even in the light blue you want. Brown shoes or, if with light blue pants, even white.

6. fashion_newbie

Thanks for the comments, waiting for a cable right now but will update with some pics after that.
    mens- Yes, dress shirt or maybe even a crew neck. The thing with the sweater though is the V is much deeper than I expected (from the online pics). So I think a shirt is neccessary and even then, I don't know how well I can pull it off. Again, will update with pics. Meanwhile, two pics below.

Remember, this is the new wardrobe I am building so starting with the basics, one is just a BR crew neck sweater and the other is the cardigan. I won't be wearing it with the shirt underneath, this is just for the purpose of the fit.
    Thoughts? I'm not exactly skinny so a tighter fit is probably not a good idea, no?

Also, I realize it looks all yellow, I will definetly post better pics later.

-fn

7. familyman

familyman Senior member

Your pictures suck [​IMG] but the fit looks good on both of them. More pictures please.

8. fashion_newbie

Thanks. Will get up some more (better) pics later today. Any thoughts on the attached sweater? It's the purple one I was talking about earlier, the v-neck is a little deeper than I am used to. I felt a little funny wearing it but it doesn't look too wierd in the picture.

-fn

ps. took out the chest logo for the time being, its not a forum approved brand so I didn't want people to judge it too soon!

9. familyman

familyman Senior member

Sweater is good, the shirt looks like it has a really tall collar. Those collar points look like they want to bust out and go all crazy on you. You might find that a button down collar works well when wearing a shirt open collared. Good fit on the sweater by the way, I think it's exactly what you want.

10. fashion_newbie

Yes, the collars do look a little intimidating there. It isn't as bad as it looks without the sweater but point taken. A button down collar...got any pics/examples? I think I know what you mean but to be sure...
    -fn

11. familyman

familyman Senior member

The classic and the originator. Brooks brothers button down. Many other options out there but I gotta pay homage to the original. [​IMG]

12. Wade M

Wade M Senior member

I did not read your whole post. It is too long. I did not read any of the responses, either, because my company is throwing a BBQ and paying us to be drunk at 3:00 on Friday. Nonetheless, I shall respond because it is hot outside.

The horse has well and truley bolted, but Ken, Mate, ROFL IRL! That's a fantastic post!

--Wade

13. fashion_newbie

Ah, just a regular button down. Spending time in this forum, i assume everything is new & unique. Collars inside or outside the sweater? I like the inside sometimes but it looks too...stuck-up? Maybe its just me.
    -fn

14. familyman

familyman Senior member

Yes, but collars out looks too....disco to me. It can be done well but usually it's not.