• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fixing My Diet

TowleY

Reaction score
As being a first year student in College, I have not really gained weight like expected only about 3 lbs. However I am indeed, overweight. About 215 lbs 5' 10. I need to get back into shape. As a junior in highschool I was playig soccer, swimming, basketball and eating healthy along wth running and weighed about 165. Over winter break I want to get back into shape. Try and lose about 20 lbs at least. Any Tips? Im trying to get back into the running and swimming now that I will be home and I can use the treadmil and I workin a pool.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TowleY
As being a first year student in College, I have not really gained weight like expected only about 3 lbs. However I am indeed, overweight. About 215 lbs 5' 10. I need to get back into shape. As a junior in highschool I was playig soccer, swimming, basketball and eating healthy along wth running and weighed about 165. Over winter break I want to get back into shape. Try and lose about 20 lbs at least. Any Tips? Im trying to get back into the running and swimming now that I will be home and I can use the treadmil and I workin a pool.

OMG Take care of yourself immediately. Or else, before you know it, a year from now you'll look like me.

AintDatRite

Reaction score
Make sure you arent consuming empty calories; you shouldnt be eating/drinking anything that has the main ingredient (first or second on ingredient list) as high fructose corn syrup or other sweetners/sugars. Swimming is an excellent exercise and it puts very little stress on your body. Does your university/college provide fitness facilities? If so, you definitely should use them when you return after break. Working out during the break is great -- but if you dont continue when you return back to school, your efforts over the next few weeks will be for nothing. Youve gained about 50 pounds in two years (senior year of high school and 1st year of college)... thats not a good trend... you will be over 300 to 350 when you graduate.

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AintDatRite
Make sure you arent consuming empty calories; you shouldnt be eating/drinking anything that has the main ingredient (first or second on ingredient list) as high fructose corn syrup or other sweetners/sugars. Swimming is an excellent exercise and it puts very little stress on your body. Does your university/college provide fitness facilities? If so, you definitely should use them when you return after break. Working out during the break is great -- but if you dont continue when you return back to school, your efforts over the next few weeks will be for nothing. Youve gained about 50 pounds in two years (senior year of high school and 1st year of college)... thats not a good trend... you will be over 300 to 350 when you graduate.
Well kwilkinson, judging by your picture...

Even worse for you. I went from 168-215 over senior year. I pretty much stopped all my activities. No running, no soccer, no basketball etc. Also I was partying alot. Now ive tryied to cut down on the partying due to trying to become healthy. As for the empty calories I do drink soda, however only at a family party, or maybe a glass during the week, 2 tops.
The facilities at my school unfortunately are garbage. The one nera my dorm has nothin more than a few treadmills/bikes whichare always taken nonetheless only open from 7pm - 11pm. The main one is not a bad gym, however its always completly packed with other people.

Edit-
On the list of items in the wikpedia that have High Fructose Corn Syrup I eat/drink:
Sweets: Once a week have a few pieces
Soda: Seen in the paragraphs written
White Bread: Dont eat, only eat whole wheat
I dont use butter, margerine, mayo, or any of that stuff on my bread
Alcohol: I drink maybe once a week/2 weeks now.
What about drinking like... gatorade/life water when not workin out. I feel as ifwith all thesugar it cant be too good and I tend to drink those. I still drink at least 6 glasses or so of water a day.

Mauby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long is your winter break? Losing 20 pounds in that short a time might be a little drastic.

TowleY

Reaction score
winter break is from the 23rd of dec to 26th of jan. When I weighed 168 I had originally weighed 205 and got down to 168 in about.. 2 months figure 4 lbs 20 lbs a month. Only thing is im going away 5th - 10th to FL so yeah.. haha hoping for at least 10-15

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 140 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 263 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 16.0%
  • 31 - 40