• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Favorite Articles of Clothing (that you own)

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Five Faves! I know we've had this thread before, but I couldn't find a good one and they're fun so here goes: Post your five fave articles of clothing you actually own (and a little bit about each item), I think this can include things like belts, bags and shoes too. I'm ranking them in order of one being my absolute favorite and so on I've retooled my wardrobe pretty dramatically, last time it was things like boat shoes and aa hoodies hah. 1. Julius Chain Blazer Wrinkled black blazer, No buttons, but rather fastens with an antique brass chain, just steampunk enough without being costume-y 2. Julius Shredded hem Longsleeve tee serious post-apocalyptic warrior steez, also beautiful cotton cashmere blend 3. NDC derbies - black distressed calf, leather sole, curved toebox 4. Attachment bag - black distressed calf skin, ridiculously durable (holds like 4 textbooks and a 17'' laptop) 5. Coated H&M jeans - surprisingly awesome fit, better than a lot of pricey denim brands, and have held up very well. Incidentally that exact list is one of my favorite outfits to wear (though I sometimes swap out the Julius blazer for an Alexander Mcqueen coat, or the shredded hem tee with a DRKSHDW one).

Eagle

Reaction score
Oh well, here goes:

1. Stetson's Temple hat, in brown fur felt.
2. BB OCBD, white or blue, they are both perfect!
3. A hand knit, blue cardigan, gifted to me by my late mother more than 40 years ago.
4. A2 Flight Jacket, issued to me and then sold to me, when I retired (
eek.gif
).
5. AE Leeds, in #8 shell cordovan.

Sourcing and the length of time each of these items has been in my service lead me to conclude, it is all good!
wink.gif

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In no specific order
1. APC New Cure - Indigo - sz 31
2. Nom De Guerre Shawl Collar - Grey - sz Medium
3. Band Of Outsiders - Classic Oxford - Blue - sz Medium
4. Common Projects Achilles Low - White - sz 42
5. Allen Edmonds Redding - Chili - sz 9.5 D

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1) EG cotton sweatshirt
2) EG thermal hoodie
3) EG down vest
4) EG WA field jacket
5) EG kendall jacket

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
1. kmw rockers-- I had been looking into these and crates for a while, a friend was willing to part with them for a decent price so i copped.
2. std issue peacoat- my fiance gave it to me in Lincoln,NE after we'd been dating a while. It fits me perfect and is warm and great. my go to coat for the omaha winters
3. heather grey hanes t-shirt-- it is rare that you find a tshirt that fits you the way you want at wal-mart. i like the fact that its unlimited edition that I could go and buy 100 tommoorw.
4. threadbare adidas t-shirts. -- I used to work at a clothing donation processing center. We'd sort up clothes, make them into bales and ship them to 3rd world countries. One of the perks of the job was that every week we could take 5 lbs of stuff with us. I ended up selling a lot of stuff, or having a lot of just crap... but I love these tees a ton. They are really old, super threadbare, made in USA adidas t-shirts. The designs are pretty basic, but I remember seeing one of the shirts in a PSA about heroin once or something. Both have holes in them from wear, and are perfect. I don't know how many times it had been washed prior to me owning it, or how many times i've washed it... but if I could wash a hanes t 1000 times or so and get that nice patina I'd be so happy.
5. levis 511's-- they look sharp, fit well, and I got two pair for 50$. I am sad they aren't making the twills anymore... as I have said many a time they are my 'wonder pant'

JOA

Reaction score
1. LVC '47s
2. Quoddy Canoe Mocs
3. Filson Belt
4. Brooks Bros. Slim OCBD
5. Tie: NB 992 and BBxAlden Shell Cordo Plain Toe Bluchers

WillMagic

Reaction score
1. apc rescues
2. apolis/context/sf black coated madison shirt
3. BoO white oxford
4. clarks sand suede dbs
5. AA black "Da Nacional" band t-shirt

Reaction score
wigens tweed cap --- not looking forward to putting this in storage for spring/summer
frown.gif
kato backflap jeans --- great looser cut, feels masculine, with quirky subversive details barbour beaufort --- had this for years, never rewaxed, nice patina, perfect for days between 45 and 60 degrees, bonus if it is raining buzz rickson sweatshirt --- so thick it is almost outerwear and totally stealth russell moccasin south40 birdshooters --- superior comfort, rugged and sexy bonus: smartwool socks (totally want to include the EG shirt jacket and EG l/s henley and EG quick release and EG cinch vest and eg on and on plus WWM upland jacket or sunforger upland vest and like alden 405s or Adidas Rod Laver Tourney edition and like baracuta g9 and quoddy boat shoes but i cannot!!!)

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RMW Macquerie Chelsea boots in black calf
Leatherhead handmade black belt
Nudie Conny Black coated jacket
Fred Perry Tipped Italian knit creme v-neck sweater
BoO vert-striped s/s shirtjac

Chrispy

Reaction score
Samurai 0500xx
LL Bean Katahdin Engineer boots
Viyella for saks vintage shirt
J Crew shawl neck sweater
Hanes crew neck white comfort tees

MLIW

Reaction score
I love...

A pair of Paul Smith socks I was given by my mother a long time ago, still so comfy and posy
A Center ville Elks T shirt I picked up in a market in Africa 2006
A Brown Cheap Everyday cords so comfy
A overcoat for the cold
Doc Martens Steel Toe thrift shop Purchase so good

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) Woolrich Woolen Mills Black Maine Guide jacket in melton wool (FW08) - sturdy, durable, essentially goes with anything - and distinctive without being overly fashiony. Not too Americana, not too slick. My favorite piece of outerwear by far

2) Mr. Olive G-Type Sweat jacket in green/grey (FW08) - just a great layering piece or light outerwear piece - tight without being body hugging. Durable and tough (I hate urban warrior looking clothes that actually can't stand up to a good bar fight), a

3) Robert Geller Double belt (FW08) - just an amazing buckle, and the raw black leather has weathered remarkably well.

4) KMW dark brown belt (SS09) - hands down the toughest belt I have. 1/4" saddle leather, and a great buckle. Plus, I won it as a prize. I never win prizes. When I travel, this and the Geller belt are always taken.

5) My beloved waxed cotton Engineer's Cap from Fred Bare (they were made in... 2003?). If anyone can find another one in black for me, I will pay them handsomely.

For bottoms, I really like my Wings+Horns narrow fit jeans and my 5EPxSF jeans (slim and slimmer), which really match my outfits (color and cut) and match well with my Common Projects midtop Achilles and Desert Boots (both grey), but none of these really beat out the much more unique pieces above.

reprehensible

Reaction score
1. SEXFH05 jeans
2. Cove tanker boots
3. Red Wing GTs
4. LGC belt
5. Cheap black linen suit I got at H&M (can't defend this much, I just like it)

Pangolin

Reaction score
1. Rag & Bone navy cotton duffle coat
2. 45RPM Sumi X Top Sorahikos
3. Kapital "Surf" sweatshirt
4. Full Count wild leather belt
5. a pair of blue espadrilles

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads