• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Days in Italy?

WestIndianArchie

Reaction score
Going on X-Mas Day

On the list
- Milan
- Venice
- Pisa
- Florence

Any styleforum worthy places I shoud check out?

Right now i'm just hoping for a good RTW shirt.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're going to all those places in 5 days? Wow.

I'm going next June for like 10 days and am thinking only Rome + Florence.

WestIndianArchie

Reaction score
WIA's date/S.O./GF? is very organized.

She wants to rent a car. I need to put that kibosh on that.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugolini in Florence

dpw

Reaction score
rome, train to venice ...absolutely the two most interesting cities in italy.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
You're going to all those places in 5 days? Wow. I'm going next June for like 10 days and am thinking only Rome + Florence.
You should think about staying here in Rome. I cannot begin to express how nice it was to stay outside of the city center in Summer, while still being a short, and beautiful, walk from everything. We stay in its sister hotel in Florence, but the location, while beautiful, is not all that close to anything.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
You should think about staying here in Rome. I cannot begin to express how nice it was to stay outside of the city center in Summer, while still being a short, and beautiful, walk from everything.

Thanks for the advice Matt!

FreedBird

Reaction score
Check out Boggi for good RTW shirts for a decent price. They have an outlet in Milan and a shop in Florence. I don't know about Venice or Pisa, maybe. When you in Florence check out the shoe store Gilardini they have two shops right next to the duomo. They carry a brand there called Franceschetti that is absolutely gorgeous. For ties Tie Your Tie has a great selection of wool ties there now. The most important thing you should be worry about thought is buying a delicious bistecca all florentina. Eat at Trattoria da Mario. Buon viaggio!

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too many cities and too little time. Even if you girfied is extremly organized you will not be able to do much, plus the distance between the the places is too much as well. in milano there alot of places to visit for shopping espically after 25 or 26 the sales are fairly decent. the resy fo the cities are fairly bad.
jut quick question
why not siena instead of firenze. firenze is overrated as city.

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For five days, to hell with the shirts and see Italy.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Milan and Florence are flush with fantastic clothiers, shoe makers, etc. A few places off the top of my head you should definately check out for RTW.

Milan
SW1 - Shoes
Al Bazar - Clothing, Lifestyle brand
Luciano Barbara
Boggi - Italian Brooks Bros

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pisa: why? The tower? Interesting but hardly worth the train trip/drive from Firenze.
There're 2 new Boggi's just opened in Parma and Bologna. But there is also one in Venice Marco Polo, FWIW.

BTW: Driving here is quite delightful.
crazy.gif

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ditto, pisa is really not worth it with only 5 days. Maybe if you are on the train and just stop there but not worth going out of your way.

Originally Posted by Britalian
Pisa: why? The tower? Interesting but hardly worth the train trip/drive from Firenze.
There're 2 new Boggi's just opened in Parma and Bologna. But there is also one in Venice Marco Polo, FWIW.

BTW: Driving here is quite delightful.
crazy.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads