• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five clues that you are addicted to Facebook...

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You know you're a Facebook addict when ...

1. You lose sleep over Facebook

"If you're staying up late at night because you're on Facebook, and you're tired the next day, Facebook may be a compulsion for you," Lipari said. "You shouldn't be neglecting yourself because of Facebook."

2. You spend more than an hour a day on Facebook

Pile says it's hard to pinpoint exactly how much is too much time to be spending on social networking.

"I can't imagine that anyone would need more than an hour a day on Facebook, and probably no one needs more than 30 minutes," she said.

3. You become obsessed with old loves

Reconnecting with old friends is one of the great attractions of Facebook, and there's nothing necessarily wrong with "friending" an old boyfriend or girlfriend. But Pile warns that it can get out of hand very quickly.

"One of my clients met up with an old boyfriend on Facebook. They started spending hours and hours into the night talking to each other on Facebook. She made some really inappropriate comments about how unhappy she was in her marriage," Pile said. "Her cousin saw the comments and told her parents, and the parents told the husband, and now they're in the process of getting divorced."
Health Library

4. You ignore work in favor of Facebook

"If you're not doing your job in order to sneak time on Facebook, you could have a real problem," Lipari said.

5. The thought of getting off Facebook leaves you in a cold sweat

Sarah Browne, who writes the Guru of New blog, gave up Facebook for Lent last month when she realized that she had a "mild" addiction to the site. She's come up with "Seven Signs You May Be Ready for a Social Media Detox."

Pile has her own quick test: "Try going a day without Facebook. If you find it causes you a lot of stress and anxiety, you really need to get some help."

Just to save folks the trouble. Pretty pathetic, one reason why the site should never have expanded past people in school. Who the hell posts **** about their crappy marriage for other people to see? And why did the woman's parents tell her husband?? Anyway, I was locked out of facebook for a month or so which was frustrating. Not because I wasn't getting my fix but the utter lack of any customer service from the people.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hang on, let me see if anyone's posted that to facebook.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I see myself doing number 3 after I graduate college.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
college or not, i've always done number 4

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I must admit the Top 5 applications are moderately entertaining.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
dude, I tottally gotta twitter about reading this.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People still use Facebook? What, are you guys 50?
sly.gif

sloane3

Reaction score
You know you're a StyleForum addict when ...

1. You lose sleep over StyleForum

"If you're staying up late at night because you're on StyleForum, and you're tired the next day, StyleForum may be a compulsion for you," Lipari said. "You shouldn't be neglecting yourself because of StyleForum."

2. You spend more than an hour a day on StyleForum

Pile says it's hard to pinpoint exactly how much is too much time to be spending on social networking.

"I can't imagine that anyone would need more than an hour a day on StyleForum, and probably no one needs more than 30 minutes," she said.

3. You become obsessed with old loves

Reconnecting with old friends is one of the great attractions of Facebook, and there's nothing necessarily wrong with "friending" an old boyfriend or girlfriend. But Pile warns that it can get out of hand very quickly.

"One of my clients met up with an old boyfriend on StyleForum. They started spending hours and hours into the night talking to each other on StyleForum. He made some really inappropriate comments about how unhappy he was in his marriage," Pile said. "His cousin saw the comments and told his parents, and the parents told the wife, and now they're in the process of getting divorced."
Health Library

4. You ignore work in favor of StyleForum

"If you're not doing your job in order to sneak time on StyleForum, you could have a real problem," Lipari said.

5. The thought of getting off StyleForum leaves you in a cold sweat

Artisan Fan gave up StyleForum for Lent last month when he realized that he had a "mild" addiction to the site. He's come up with "Seven Signs You May Be Ready for a Social Media Detox."

Artisan Fan has his own quick test: "Try going a day without StyleForum. If you find it causes you a lot of stress and anxiety, you really need to get some help."
Fixed.

Honestly, I think anyone that posts more than say 4-5 times/day here needs to get a life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads