• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fitting my new Edwin ED-47s

lloydh

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchase a new pair of Edwin ED-47 rainbow selvage jeans, sizing down from my usual 33/34 to a 32 waist, 34 leg. Naturally I tried them on, and they fitted pretty well.

After a few days of wear I've noticed that they're a little lose on my waist and there's a little excess denim behind, as well.

My question is whether I should try a hot wash (without detergent) and hot tumble to shrink them down a bit. Since they're samphorized I know not to expect dramatic changes.

Would a hot wash permanently shrink them, or will they relax back to their current size after a couple of wears (if so, is it worth it)?

Also, about the whole don't wash raw denim for 6 months thing; is that purely to to emphasise the contrast of fades and minimise indigo loss? Since my ED-47s are still new, the fading process hasn't visibly begun, and they're very dark indigo "” verging on black "” so the indigo loss from a single wash without detergent should be noticeable should it?

Thanks for reading and for any help.

tooshay

Reaction score
Animated_flower.GIF

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads