• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fitted seat and a relaxed leg. Anyone?

tm1210

Reaction score
I've sort of given up on Japanese repros. The ones with a relaxed leg have too high a rise and baggy seat(SC 47's etc). The ones with a fitted seat are to slim in the legs (SDA-103 etc) The only one left that I might give a try are the PBJ XX-003's which from what I've read have a sort of fitted seat with a relaxed leg. Best fitting jeans I ever had were the APC English. I've got a pair of the Rescues and don't think they fit as good. What I'm after is something with a lowish rise with a sort of fitted seat and a relaxed straight leg with a 9" hem opening. To much to ask for?
smile.gif
I've a funny feeling the Rag and Bone RB6's would do my job but I need at least a 33 inseam. Help please!

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
It sounds like Straight Svens would fit your criteria pretty well. Have you tried them on? You can always remove the back pocket stitching if it bugs you.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tm1210
I've sort of given up on Japanese repros. The ones with a relaxed leg have too high a rise and baggy seat(SC 47's etc). The ones with a fitted seat are to slim in the legs (SDA-103 etc) The only one left that I might give a try are the PBJ XX-003's which from what I've read have a sort of fitted seat with a relaxed leg. Best fitting jeans I ever had were the APC English. I've got a pair of the Rescues and don't think they fit as good. What I'm after is something with a lowish rise with a sort of fitted seat and a relaxed straight leg with a 9" hem opening. To much to ask for?
smile.gif
I've a funny feeling the Rag and Bone RB6's would do my job but I need at least a 33 inseam. Help please!

RB6 come in 34 inseam now.

How low a rise do you want? Sounds like the 5EP straight would fit the bill as well as they are very fitted in the legs and kinda roomy in the seat but they are a fairly high rise.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rag & Bone started doing 32x34 this past season, i'm not sure about smaller waists (kinda doubt it). I saw the RB6s 32x34 at Barney's Co-op SCP, Active Endeavors has 32x34 in the RB11 and RB15.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. For some reason I thought I saw a 30 inch waist in the post somewhere. I need a 30x34...
blush.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
RB6 come in 34 inseam now.

How low a rise do you want? Sounds like the 5EP straight would fit the bill as well as they are very fitted in the legs and kinda roomy in the seat but they are a fairly high rise.

LOL, am I missing something? I'm far from a denim expert, but doesn't your description of 5EP straight sound like the exact opposite of what he's looking for?
He wants: lowish rise
5EP: fairly high rise
He wants: sort of fitted seat
5EP: kind roomy in the seat
He wants: relaxed leg
5EP: very fitted in the legs

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
tounge.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Straight Svens and SPURR Classic fits both fit your criterion. The Nudies are slightly higher rise (about 10" front rise in size 30, as opposed to 9.5" front rise in the SPURRs). The denim and construction is a lot better on the Spurrs, and the color is spectacular, but the tone is very rich, and works very well with browns and other warm colors, but not so well with cool colors, while the Svens are more versatile (the color is much more neutral.) Depends how many pairs of jeans you have. If you want something you are going to wear everyday, go for the Svens. If you want something to round out a collection, go for the SPURRs. BTW, both are true straightlegs about 17-18 inches at both knee and hem.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 5EP is fairly loose in the leg, I agree on all of the other points though

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
LOL, am I missing something? I'm far from a denim expert, but doesn't your description of 5EP straight sound like the exact opposite of what he's looking for?
He wants: lowish rise
5EP: fairly high rise
He wants: sort of fitted seat
5EP: kind roomy in the seat
He wants: relaxed leg
5EP: very fitted in the legs

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
tounge.gif

That's why I'm a contrarian fund manager.

tm1210

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys. I tried on the Svens when they just came out and didn't really fancy them. From what I recall the where a touch slim on me. I might give the RB6's a go if I see a pair in a 32x34. I thought you could only get a 34 inseam in the 34 waist and up.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would KMW 1980 fit the bill? I tried them a few weeks back and they seemed to be sort of what the OP is looking for.

generic_guy

Reaction score
I've got a pair of Warehouse 1001XX repros and they are loose in the leg with a fitted seat, very nice denim too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads