• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fitted clothing, like really fitted...

Drakey

Reaction score
Hi there, I had a question about fitted clothing basically. You see, I prefer to wear fitted clothing more so than baggy clothing. I feel like a downright bum when I wear baggy jeans.

But the thing is, I wear very very tight jeans. So tight that to find the fit I like I wear women's jeans.
blush.gif
You see, it's kind of my style I guess. Kind of the "rock star" look. I would buy men's jeans if they came in a very tight fit, but I can't really find that kind of fit around here. I've heard that a lot of European clothing companies do this?
Also, I tend to hate when my shirts and t-shirts are baggy and long. I just bought a Western style shirt that was a Child's Xtra large, I feel it fits me perfectly.

So basically...my question is, do you think these kinds of fashion cues are appropriate for a seventeen year old?

If you need, I'll post a picture after some replies.

Duveen

Reaction score
It's a look. You're 17 - if you can pull it off, more power to you.

It ain't classic, but you are not looking for that.

I'm curious to hear what others say. It may be 'played out', but I wouldn't know either way.

Fritz

Reaction score
Over in the denim section there seem to be a couple of guys that wear girls' jeans, too. There was thread about that some time ago.

alflauren

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with a style like that, especially if you can pull it off. I don't wear things that are as tight as you describe, but I do have several pairs of womens jeans because they just fit me better. I have a short rise and a very flat backside, and I'm short, so most mens jeans on me are too big in every dimension, even if they're supposedly "my size."

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
dood, at 17 you should be rockin whatever **** you want and not caring about any conventions.

skinny painted jeans are everywhere now. you dont have to get chick jeans for that superslim look. go to the streetwear section and read some back posts about Julian Red, Nudie thin finn, acne max etc

Drakey

Reaction score
Thank you all for the posts.

And I hear what you're saying alflauren. Sometimes jeans will be altogether too long.

Um, when I get around to it, I'll post some pictures. Not sure if any of you care to look at me, lol. But I'm sure I'll get a few comments or whatever?

I have to do that later though, I'm meeting this girl at her highschool, and I haven't seen her in like a year. So I gotta go do that.

Lol, thanks for reading and I hope everyone else has a wonderful day!

(I'm just too happy sometimes :p)

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know where to find jeans, but try American Apparel for t-shirts and polos:

http://www.americanapparel.net/

You also have the right idea to scout the boy's section. I sometimes buy boy's XL, not because I particularly like form-fitting clothes, but because I'm very thin and get tired of swimming in my clothes.

I'd also like to know where to find fitted jeans, since I can't shop the women's section because of my 36" inseam.

Drakey

Reaction score
Ah, nonsense thinman, anyone can buy chick jeans : P

Lol, although, trying them on is weird at first. But, it's alright, most places don't have a problem with you trying on things as long as you're not sticking your head under to the other changing room, lol.

Um, if you're having a hard time finding jeans that are tight where you want them, and loose enough for the "rest"
tongue.gif
then they make a fit of girl's jeans called the "boyfriend cut." Also, I'm sure a lot of people think that the nut-hugging thing would get pretty annoying after awhile, that's just not true. Most girl's/women's jeans are strechy, something I'm suprised they haven't incorporated into guy's jeans yet.

Oh, and I'm not sure if anyone knows about this, but did anyone hear anything about Hurley's new jean coming out? I saw an advert in a magazine for it, but I don't know if they were guy's or girl's jeans? Lol, it looked like a guy was wearing them (it only showed from the waist down) but who knows.

If you hear anything about it, let me know please it's supposed to be called the "1989" jean. Appropriate I suppose? The slimmer fitting jean is a primal part of the punk/indie scene.
AllofDrakey.jpg

Drakeybutt.jpg

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Drakey
Ah, nonsense thinman, anyone can buy chick jeans : P

Sure, I could buy them, but then they'd be called capri pants.
tongue.gif

Thanks for the tips. I'll check out the "boyfriend cut". But I'm still skeptical about finding the right length. I sometimes go months without seeing _men's_ jeans with a 36" inseam.

Drakey

Reaction score
Wow, hmm, I thought you just meant you needed a bigger inseam for comfort, lol.

I've yet to find a pair of girl pants that were too short? Hmm.

I need to take my measurements.

Can you do it with a regular tape measure?

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to buy girls jeans look at Energie "new morris" and straight morris", Ag's filmore cut, nudies bootcut ola and slim jim are all great tight jeans. They are low rise and fit well, there are lots more but can't think of them and to lazy to look at my jeans. I'm wear all my jeans tight and i'm a skinny guy with no ass so its hard for me to find jeans, I've tried on womens jeans but you can always tell a guy in womens jeans just from the cut of them.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by demeis
If you don't want to buy girls jeans look at Energie "new morris" and straight morris", Ag's filmore cut, nudies bootcut ola and slim jim are all great tight jeans. They are low rise and fit well, there are lots more but can't think of them and to lazy to look at my jeans. I'm wear all my jeans tight and i'm a skinny guy with no ass so its hard for me to find jeans, I've tried on womens jeans but you can always tell a guy in womens jeans just from the cut of them.

thanks demeis.

Drakey, the "inseam" is measured from the bottom of the crotch to the bottom of the pants leg. You were probably thinking of the "rise" (bottom of the crotch to top of the waistband). My 36" inseam makes me tall, but not that tall.
blush.gif

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Drakey
Thank you all for the posts.
Hey, didn't I tell you you would get more answers here than over at AAAC?
wink.gif

HowardB

Reaction score
How do you determine women's sizes in relation to men's? I wear 32 waist, 30 inseam.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being 33 years older than the initiator of the post, it is fascinating how styles return. At 17, I was the guy in the photos posted on this thread except the hair was longer (think James Taylor circa Sweet Baby James) and the jeans had a wider bell-bottom. Jeans on guys were often tight in the early 70's.

Back then the trick was to buy to size and then purposely shrink with hot water and a dryer. But, of course, we only 3-4 companies that manufactured jeans. Did not have the have wide variety there seems to be now. Oh yeah, and we had to walk five miles to school everyday in a blizzard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads