• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fits of suits!

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone chime in on the Quality and FIT of these suit brands - the jacket (runs large/size up/ a lot of waist suppression, etc) and the pants (low rise, moose knuckle).

Thanks!

BOGLIOLI

ADRIANO & SONS

FLUO BY RAFFAELE CARUSO

LARDINI

LAB. PAL ZILERI

RAFFAELE CARUSO SARTORIA PARMA

Thank you very much for your help!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a couple of Boglioli washed cashmere sport coats that I like a lot. They are very well made, and provide a nice slim fit. Oddly, I've not been impressed with other clothing by Boglioli, but these jackets caught my eye, and I had to have them.

heard546

Reaction score
I have a Boglioli suit that I purchased this past summer and I love it. It was RTW, and I only had to alterthe pants to fit me. I also have a Powder Blue/Light Blue herringbone pattern by one the brands sub-line/spin off for Coat that I also love, but considered selling. No experience with the other brands.

I picked up my Boglioli suit at a Nieman Marcus Last Call on clearance sale. I only paid $175 plus tax. So, I got a great deal not know that much about the brand at the time.

-tony

Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
Can anyone chime in on the Quality and FIT of these suit brands - the jacket (runs large/size up/ a lot of waist suppression, etc) and the pants (low rise, moose knuckle).

Thanks!

BOGLIOLI

ADRIANO & SONS

FLUO BY RAFFAELE CARUSO

LARDINI

LAB. PAL ZILERI

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like Adriano & Sons, it's slim and very European fitting... but make sure you have a good tailor anyway.

I don't really care for anything from Raffaele Caruso.

Originally Posted by ThinkDerm

Thanks!

BOGLIOLI

ADRIANO & SONS

FLUO BY RAFFAELE CARUSO

LARDINI

LAB. PAL ZILERI

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only one I have experience with is Boglioli. For me, the cut is slim, but doesn't suit my body ( tall, thinish) . The chest puckers, button stance is the issue.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
+1 for Boglioli, I'm quite impressed with the fit. Fairly slim through the torso, a little waist suppression but nothing excessive. I have a 3/2 seersucker blazer, unlined & unpadded.
I bought the first one for all the reasons you describe. I'd never heard of the brand but thought the construction was great, and the fit was amazing. The next year I went back to the store in search of the jackets, and then bought my second. I'm thrilled with them.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40