1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fits/Cuts Similar to Corneliani Leader Suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by escapefromny, Apr 25, 2013.

1. escapefromny

escapefromny Member

Can anyone help me identify any makes/models of suits by makers that are similar to or better than (e.g., Isaia, Brioni, Oxxford, Zegna, etc.) the Corneliani "Leader" fit. This particular cut is the best fitting OTR cut I've found so far and am wondering if people here can recommend something similar as a starting point. Thanks.

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Canali, Polo Ralph Lauren (made by Corneliani), Zegna and (in my opinion) the trial suit for Kent Wang's MTM.

3. escapefromny

escapefromny Member

Thanks. Let me clarify - I'm asking which specific models of those makers are most similar to Corneliani's Leader model. (e.g., Roma vs Millenio for Brioni, Base-S vs Base-T for Isaia, etc.)

4. David Reeves

David Reeves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

"Leader" sounds very fascist to me for some reason.

5. escapefromny

escapefromny Member

Well they are made in Italy, after all

6. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Leader is the standard cut, whereas Mantua is slim, correct?

RL Polo (most models), RLPL Drake, Samuelsohn gable, Isaia Base S (it's slim fitting, but I think the shoulder has similar padding).

7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Polo I and II.

Does Canali have different cuts?

I don't have any Zegna, so do not know which model.

Disagree about Samuelsohn Gable. Most of my suits/jackets are Samuelsohn and Corneliani Leader and Spencer. I like Samuelsoh, but Gable cut is different from Leader in shoulders, chest and length. Two different cuts of jackets.

8. bwp

bwp Senior member

There is the Leader and Leader USA, I have both models. The Leader model is the one I assume you speak of, this is much more trim than the Leader USA version. I have several Caruso suits that have a similar fit, both the jacket and trousers have pretty similar measurements. Not sure of the Caruso model # off the top of my head but will take a look.

9. escapefromny

escapefromny Member

Thanks, much appreciated - I actually meant the Leader USA was my best fitting OTR suit, and want to find others like it. Haven't tried the non-USA Leader. Should've been more clear in the title - sorry about that.

10. escapefromny

escapefromny Member

bump. Thanks again guys

11. MDeKelver

MDeKelver Senior member

Can you tell me about Corneliani Leader vs. Spencer?

Canali: Yes, the numbers tend to increase with most recent, slim-fitting bodies. Most mainline (Saks, Barneys) are 13XXX (drop 6) and 14XXX (drop 7) bodies. The last two numbers in the code for these lines is 44 (normal trouser) or 45 (1 inch narrow leg on the trouser). The 19XXX line is the slim fit, I have not seen these in stores other than the Canali boutique...but have one on order.

12. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Anyone know if the Corneliani Leader/Leader USA suit is full or half canvassed? Thanks!