• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fitness Master Jack LaLanne Dies at 96

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This guy was great. Years ahead of his time. I do his face exercises every day.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He will be missed. I grew up on his juicer infomercials at 3am.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
this is so sad. i love this man. i saw him on tv a lot when i was a kid and then later on the late night infomercials.

this is one man i truly expected to surpass 100 years of age.

i remember one informercial when his wife and the hostess surprised him on his birthday with a carrot bday cake, and he mumbled "ahhh...cant get away from those damned carrots..." under his breath, or something like that it was hilarious.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I go to his nephew's gym. There were camera crews in there earlier looking for sound bites.

The man was a monster well into an age when most of us don't have the strength to curl a potato chip to mouth.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Man, talk about guys who lived their years with vigor: LaLanne and Steve Reeves.

The real shame in all this is that there is no next-generation of people who can realistically talk 'fitness' and 'health' and be credible while still appealing to the masses.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These are great. Thanks for posting them.

Originally Posted by willpower
This guy was great. Years ahead of his time. I do his face exercises every day.

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
A true pioneer. I just read his list of "10 Greatest Achievements." Also saw the "face exercises" video. Do they work? That's one body part I don't hit!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee
Also saw the "face exercises" video. Do they work? That's one body part I don't hit!

Oh yes. There are 30 different face exercises of his on Youtube. Take a pic of yourself on day 1 and on day 30 and you'll see a significant difference.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He will be missed. A remarkable man, an extraordinary life.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 78 16.8%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 151 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 77 16.6%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 40 8.6%