1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fit this summer

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by stormin10, May 11, 2012.

1. stormin10

stormin10 Senior member

Hey guys, summer is starting for me and ehh well a bunch of shit happened over the last semester that made me decide that I more or less need a huge dieting/exercise change, so I can be where I would like by next semester. My dieting is pretty good (will actually discuss), my exercise plan is getting back on track, also I am supplementing but am curious if anyone on here has any real knowledge about effectiveness.

Well, Like I said in a previous similar thread I blew out my knee in September and may need knee surgery unless I cannot build up the muscles in my knee, and "relieve some of the stress" ( basically drop some weight). Now that I'm home though i can control my diet and exercise routines better. Running is very difficult still, walking is ok and I have been swimming for cardio, I have also been doing a pretty intense lifting routine that focuses on different muscle groups each day and is generally like doing 5 sets of 15 for each exercise.

I am very conflicted on dieting because a bunch of different "calculators" say I need something like 3500 calories to maintain my current weight? That sounds completely absurd to me... Maybe I am wrong Im not sure, I am also trying to maintain a level of around 2k ish a day. Which would be an intake deficit of 1500 a day which i believe is beneficial for my weight loss.

My supplements; All good by themselves, however not sure if they are counter productive together.
    ALA - 200 mg
    Co Q10 - 400 mg
    CLA - 3 g
    L-Carintine - 400 mg
    Vitamin C - 500 mg
    OEP ( Oxy Elite Pro) - 2 pills a day
    Iso pure (protein) - 90 grams ish
    GNC Waterex - 2 pills
    Cinnamon - 2 g

Any ideas, or thoughts would be appreciated. My attitude has changed a whole hell of a lot for this and am ready to do whatever is necessary to get where i need to be. I am plenty strong however, I need to lose the fat surrounding.

2. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Doesn't sound intense. Sounds like a toning workout.

You don't mention age,weight, height or activity level. Only thing anybody can do is pick a wild ass guess out of the air for your calorie needs.

Good to see you're helping the economy.

3. stormin10

stormin10 Senior member

Gotcha well then;

I am 20, 6'7" and am currently at 290 lbs. My activity level is that I work but try each morning to get in a lift or swim or something similar.

4. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

A daily 1500 calorie shortfall is high. It's only okay for short periods. You're young. You're very tall. I'd try something like 3000 a day for a month and see how the scale moves.