• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Fit pics" of Filson briefcase or tote?

van_hammersly

Reaction score
I'm as short as both you guys and never realized the bag was meant to sit higher than that. It hangs where I've always worn my messenger bags
confused.gif

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by van_hammersly
I'm as short as both you guys and never realized the bag was meant to sit higher than that. It hangs where I've always worn my messenger bags
confused.gif

I wear it high otherwise it bounces around as I walk...does yours do the same thing?

converge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by van_hammersly
confused.gif

Hey, I'm 5'6". Does the 257 look too big for my frame?

laughter95

Reaction score
i'm 5'7 and prob arund the same build as that dude in the previous photo. i think th e257 would be too big to wear around for more than utility. i'm getting the 256, which looks plenty big already.

man i want that fking navy color ****... brown it is then... blaaah

van_hammersly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by converge
Hey, I'm 5'6". Does the 257 look too big for my frame?

we're the same height, but I think i'm thinner than you, so I think you have an easier time pulling off a bigger bag. It looks good, and fits all your stuff, so why worry?

Ozarks

Reaction score
The length of the leather strap is definitely too long for me. I actually don't use the shorter one and just have a metal loop running through the strap. It's a bit annoying as the strap doesn't twist on that side, but for the height I want the bag on my back when I ride I'd have so much extra strap dangling off.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to punch extra holes in the leather strap if necessary. just get one of those hole punches for leather belts.

BTW I saw someone on the subway with the 256 looking all beat up. It really made me want me now.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
It's pretty easy to punch extra holes in the leather strap if necessary. just get one of those hole punches for leather belts.

BTW I saw someone on the subway with the 256 looking all beat up. It really made me want me now.

Which color do you like? I have the 256 in tan, otter green, brown and the really cool Apolis collab dark navy.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 256 in tan on Monday from Crane's and am looking forward to getting it in the next couple days. I haven't had a nice bag like this for too long and I will enjoy breaking it in. Some of the pics in this thread sealed the dealer for me.

podpod

Reaction score
The more I read about this thread, the more I feel compelled to get one. I really could use a new bag right now and feel the 256 is a good size. Although I feel a toss up between the beautiful tan or brown; slightly worried whether the tan would face the elements and retain its colour over time.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by podpod
The more I read about this thread, the more I feel compelled to get one. I really could use a new bag right now and feel the 256 is a good size. Although I feel a toss up between the beautiful tan or brown; slightly worried whether the tan would face the elements and retain its colour over time.

Tan is a nice contrast with the dark leather straps, brown on brown is too monochromatic IMO

TerryElessar

Reaction score
Just ordered an Apolis collab and a small field bag 230 in tan from Crane's. Can't wait for it to arrive. Hope it makes it before my birthday
bounce2.gif

setansuci

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TerryElessar
Just ordered an Apolis collab and a small field bag 230 in tan from Crane's. Can't wait for it to arrive. Hope it makes it before my birthday
bounce2.gif

Appreciate some shots when u get it
smile.gif
. Especially the small field bag. By coincidence, i'm also thinking of getting it for my bday hehe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads