Fit on tweed sports jacket

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by TheLostSwede, Aug 4, 2016.

1. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede Active Member

Hi everyone,

I'm here again asking your advice on the fit of this jacket. Would you say it's an acceptable fit?
    I know it's a casual jacket so fit doesn't have to be perfect but I wanted to check first so it's not completely bad. I can still return it if needed.

I think shortening the sleeves to show some cuff would be a good idea maybe?
    Perhaps tighten it slightly in the waist?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The jacket looks okay. It's a bit large in some areas, but not by a lot (probably 1.2 to a full size, judging solely from the amount of excess through the upper back, and it's much easier to take in a jacket than to let it out.

3. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

It looks quite good, particularly if - like me - you prefer a more traditional fit, rather than a slimmer, more modern fit.

Other than perhaps very slightly shortening the sleeves (an extremely simple and inexpensive alteration), I'd say you're good to go.

I wouldn't tighten the waist.

I don't care for how it looks with blue jeans, but that's a matter having nothing to do with the fit of the jacket.

4. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede Active Member

Hi, thanks for your comments.
    I'm planning on having a tailor shorten the arms since I like to show some cuff. While I'm having it altered, would it be a good idea to have it slightly taken in at the chest or back?