1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fit of RLPL trousers...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbadbuff, Mar 5, 2005.

1. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Distinguished Member

Am in the old predicament of "don't know how they fit, but see an Ebay auction I may not be able to pass up" [​IMG] Curious on the fit of these- slim, standard, loose, ankle taper, etc. Thanks...

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

In general, I find RL pants fit a little loose in the waist. The waist generally has to be taken in a little for me. Otherwise, depends on the cut. The flat fronts are obviously a bit slimmer, but definitely still roomy. I like RLPL a lot.

3. gorgekko

gorgekko Distinguished Member

I find them to be a much slimmer fit then regular pants but I rather like that kind of fit now. Worth buying unless you're well above your optimum weight.

4. Horace

Horace Distinguished Member

There are quite a few models, aren't there? I find them to be rather full in the seat and thigh, and I am by no means super-thin. I have pretty solid muscular legs, though not stout. Just to compare, I find some of the Barbour moleskins of old to be slightly to tight for my thighs. And RLPL are a lot large in the thigh and seat than those.

5. Nick M

Nick M Distinguished Member

Horace is correct, there's any number of models.

I picked up a NWT pair a while back, relatively high-waisted, side tabs, with slim legs, but past seasons have produced everything up to Oxford Bags.

When buying jeans/trousers on eBay, I generally ask for specifics: Inseam, outseam, width at leg opening, width at knee, and so on.

6. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Distinguished Member

they are double pleat, belt loop; specific model I'm not sure.

7. jamesbond

jamesbond Distinguished Member

anyone know how the linen "jared" trousers fit.

8. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

Jared -- fuller. They use the Jared model for most of the OTR Purple Label suits.

9. drljva

drljva Senior Member

I would agree with this, at least for the RLPL slacks and suits that I have. For my taste, too, they seem to sit low on the waist (and, therefore, I always have the tailor let out the crotch as much as they can).