• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit of Converse Chucks...

40kaas-nl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am considering buying my first pair of Chucks for this S/S season
smile.gif

Used the search function but could not find anything about the fit?

I have a pair of Onitsuka Tigers in size 275 / US 9.5 that fit well. Also I take a 9.5D in AE shoes and a UK 8.5D in Grenson.

Suggestions for a first pair would be welcome too!
worship.gif
(I understand the "High" versions are preferred?)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Real OGs wear hi's, posers wear lows.

Size down one from your common shoe size.

PS. That reminds me, I gotta get rid of all my chucks.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
I prefer lows as I hate most high sneakers. You can't find any nearby retails for a normal pair of Chuck's? They should be pretty easy to find and all the colors fit the same.

ino

Reaction score
they run big so if u want to buy them its really better to go to a store and try it on.

prozach1576

Reaction score
I think the high ones look much better, but I can see how some wouldn't like them because they're kind of a pain to put on since you have to mess with the laces a lot.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never sized down on Chucks. Yes, I know that Converse claims that you should, but if you have even slightly wide feet, you're likely to find your toes rubbing uncomfortably if you do size down. I regularly wear a 9; all my Chucks are 9s as well.

40kaas-nl

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies everyone! I went to a small shopping centre in my neighbourhood and asked if they had any Chucks... Turned out they had only a few pair left; natural white / beige, high and only €19!
c04c_1_b.JPG
But unfortunately they were all US 9,5 / Euro 43; a little bit to large for my taste after I tried them on
plain.gif
So US size 9 would probably be right. Maybe I will go to Rotterdam tomorrow and see if I can find some in the right size.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
If I'm an 11 in Chucks, am I an 11 in the Converse Purcells?

Im a 11 in Chucks but 12 in purcells.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it doesnt serve a purpose. I would go with the original, high or low, in your color of choice.

Skip all the leather ones, hemp ones, etc.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Some of the different ones aren't that bad. The slips are nice, the varvatos and purcells are nice. http://www.zappos.com/images/726/726...4-299691-d.jpg Those are decent and there are some interesting ones. In general, white, natural, black and grey are the most popular and safest though. Although i've seen all kinds of chucks worn well. Depends on your style.

riotshield

Reaction score
I got a pair of Purcells by John Varvatos yesterday. I normally wear a 10 in sneakers, and got a 10 despite reading to size a 1/2 size down. They fit pretty good...maybe could've sized down to a 9.5 lengthwise, but widthwise I wouldn't want them any tighter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads