• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit of Bronx boots

mendel

Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering a pair of these Bronx Schiphol boots:

but I can't find anyone that sells them to Canada without ridiculous shipping costs. So I'm going to ask an American friend to buy them and then send them up to me.

The problem with that is that it makes it hard to take advantage of online shoe stores' return policies, so I want to make sure the size is right. Does anyone know if Bronx fits true to size? I wear a US11/EUR44 typically.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I can't help with the sizing, but those same boots are on sale for much less here.

Don't know if they ship to Canada or not, though. They have free standard shipping in the US.

I'm actually thinking about buying the same boots. If I do, and you haven't already ordered them, I'll let you know what the sizing's like.

Analog

Reaction score
Neither Gap, BR or Piperlime ship to Canada I'm afraid
frown.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Mendel, I just received those boots today (thanks to a Christmas gift card I couldn't find any use for at GAP or BR). They seem to fit true to size; I'm usually a US 9.5/10, Euro 43 (with just a little room to spare in most 43s), and the 43s fit just as most other 43s do--a little room, which is perfect once I put in insoles. Hope that helps!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I saw those on shoes.com last year and thought they looked great. They remind me of my Paul Smith boots that have nearly the same styling but at like 1/5 the price.

Sauce, throw up some pics of you wearing them!

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those boots aren't bad looking. I only like the lighter brown colour though - the other two just aren't doing it for me. I still love my Blundstone boots though for comfort. I'm looking at getting a pair of RM Williams this summer, but is it just me, or do these heels just look a wee bit too high?

rm_williams_b543cn.jpg

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can help you with this. Downsize at least 1/2 size. I ordered 2 pares of Bronx shoes and returned both the same day. Reasons: quality, shape of the shoe and fit.
BTW, Zappos.com has a feedback/comments provided by their customers. Almost all say: Bronx shoes fit large.
The last is uglier in real life than on a picture.
Quality is below average (below BR or Kenneth Cole shoes). These shoes will last one season tops. If you must have them, try to find them on a deep discount. IMO Bronx shoes not worth more than 1/2 of their retail price.
Other brands to avoid are MOMA , Lumiani, Maldini.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I've heard decent things about Bronx's quality at their pricepoint from a few people. Looking at mine, they seem decent--I'm not an authority, but they certainly appear to be of higher quality than Kenneth Cole. Either I'm just wrong on this one, or this particular model is better than some of their others. At any rate, they cost me about $7 (the rest was paid for with a gift card), so I really can't lose. I'm usually pretty hard on my boots, so I guess we'll see. I'll update people if they don't seem to be holding up well.

GS, I'll probably take a WAYW pic today--they should be on display there.
smile.gif

gqcao

Reaction score
just picked these up today. this is my 2nd pair of bronx boots. they're nice and comfortble and hella cheap.

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
I'm looking at getting a pair of RM Williams this summer, but is it just me, or do these heels just look a wee bit too high?

rm_williams_b543cn.jpg

No way, hombre. That's what boots are supposed to look like. That's why most boots have some height to them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads