• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit help. One brand, two different opinions.

EsbenJensen

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm about to buy my first suit, which I will be using for a friends wedding on Friday - so I'm stressed on time. I decided on a dark blue Tiger of Sweden setup, but I got two different fitting advice in the store. One clerk said I DEFINITELY should have it in a size 44, and the other clerk said I DEFINITELY should Wear it in a size 46.. Sigh.. What to choose? :)

I have gotten a Discount on the larger size suit, to only pay two thirds for it, if that is the suit I end up buying. Can you help me decide? Does one look like a bad fit for me?

Thanks in advance for any help choosing one of the two suits:)

Ps. Pants and sleeve length will be tailored shorter.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If that is the 46, I can't even imagine you fitting in the 44. It's not a great fit. The jacket doesn't look too bad from the front, but the back is pretty messy....which could largely be due to the way you are standing with your hands in your pocket. If you're at a point where you don't have time to find anything else, hopefully you can find a good (and fast) tailor that can made some adjustments.

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pictures aren't good enough for me to say much about fit, although I agree that you should seriously consider a 46.

Much more important - the wedding is on Friday. So you need to buy a suit TODAY. Because whatever suit you buy will need some minor alterations - at least.

Even if the store offers 1 hr. alterations - which is quite rare - what if the tailor's sick that day? What if his efforts prove unacceptable and the work needs to be redone? What if the in-store tailor insists that his work is perfect, and you therefore have to take it elsewhere to get it done right? These things happen. They really do. That's why you're foolish to cut things so close in terms of timing.

You need to buy a suit NOW. If you have other things to do today, reschedule them.

Unless you were first told of this wedding yesterday, shame on you for waiting this long to buy a suit. (And even if you were first told of the wedding yesterday, it's sensible to own at least one suit, just in case. Things happen. It can be nice to have a suit to wear for some of those things.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads