1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fit Critique

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by awest82, Aug 30, 2012.

1. awest82

awest82 New Member

First fit post here. Been lurking for a few weeks. I wore this today to my business casual(very casual, most men wear polo's) office. What is your overall opinion of the fit? Are the pants too big in the hips? Are they too long?

The sleeves are only rolled up becasue I walked the dog when I got home and it was a little warm. Sorry for the poor quality photos, I need to work on my lighting.

Thanks in advance for your input!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Thomas Train

Thomas Train Member

Your khakis need to be hemmed. They are way too long, and your overall look would be a lot sharper if they were the proper length.
    Your shirt also looks too big. Try a trim fit shirt: you'll never want to wear another regular fit shirt.

3. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

In general not bad, but the pants definitely need to be shortened a bit and the shirt taken in as well. You could also slim the legs a bit so that they taper slightly, but it's not an emergency.

4. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

Pulling your pants up a bit might help. Like you (appear), I have a longish torso with shorter legs. I've learned that wearing my pants closer to my natural waist gives the appearance of better proportions.

5. gambit50

gambit50 Senior member

No, on pulling the pants up. Well, in part.
    You have the front jacked up too high and the rear sits lower. It should be reversed if not even.
    High waisted sans jacket is not a great thing.
    The length of the pants is fine...........if they were jeans.
    I cannot imagine it is worth spending money on anything more than hemming the pants.
    I would just acquire another pair at that point.

6. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

Guess it's matter of personal preference. If you don't think high waisted sans jacket is a good look, however, you gotta buy low rise slim fit khakis. These appear to me to be full-cut, mid- to high-rise khakis which look as though they're being worn as low rise (on the hips). To my eye, from the front, this gives them a droopy appearance. Judging from the tight fit in the seat, though, perhaps OP has them hiked up as far as they'll go.

7. Ivar

Ivar Senior member

Looks like something out of a 90s Gap ad. Khakis can work, but I only approve of them in their modern incarnation (slim, with rolled-up hems), which is a style that won't work on your muscular build. Hence, I recommend you look into wool pants cut in the traditional way. See this thread for more info and fit pics:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/177616/on-pants

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  8. AbeFroeman

AbeFroeman Well-Known Member

Shirt too big in waist. Khaki's too big in the thigh on down, and too long. This would be ~$60 to get fixed at a good tailor. I would leave the hips alone.

They are going to seem like expensive and small changes but its worth it.

Also, buy plain blue and white shirts. Something like this should be rare in your wardrobe.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013