• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check...one...two...

brimley

Reaction score
I have little experience wearing blazers because I'm pretty tough to fit and haven't found it worth the time/money to go through the effort of finding a decent one and getting it tailored. That said, could I get a fit check on this one? My main concern is the body length...I know you want to fit a blazer a little shorter with jeans, but after I lengthen the sleeves a bit they may be noticeably longer than the jacket. I need to return it by Monday if I ditch it
laugh.gif

P1060001.jpg

P1060002.jpg

P1060003.jpg

*bonus check, since I started a whole thread and everything* I'm not usually a fan of the tie with jeans look, but I found myself underpacked and facing a more dressy party than expected while visiting family last week. Does the tie work here with the RRDGs?

jeans1.jpg

jeans2.jpg

Thanks.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does sort of seem like the blazer is a bit short, but I think after you lengthen the sleeves it might look like the blazer April 77 makes that I've seen here before, if I'm not mistaken. So it may actually work.

As far as the tie goes, I personally am not a fan of the tie with jeans look unless it's with a vest over it, a la get smart. Then it looks really good.

Nice jeans in your first pics, what are they?

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's very fashionably short! If you can actually get the sleeves long enough then you'll have pulled off a coup (and your shirt sleeves are too short, BTW). That being said, I'm sure you could go up a length and it would look classic.

As for size: There is just a bit too much pulling at the front button, but the chest looks good from the front so that should be fixable. The back and shoulders are all wrinkled to hell, though, so the whole thing is going to need a lot of work. If you're not getting a good deal, I'd personally try and find something closer off the rack.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That blazer does not fit you. It's too small and you don't have enough material to make the neccessary changes. I would suggest sizing one or two up, getting a "Long" and having a tailor take in the body, upper arms, and possibly cleaning up the back depending on how it works out. Nice Earnest Sewns though, I'm rocking the same pair right now.

The tie, shirt, and jeans look fine, especially if you're traveling and have limited resources. You might want to throw on a thin v-neck sweater if you're really concerned. Regardless I would button your cuffs as tight as possible.

I never used to like the tie and jeans look but I think with something like a knit, cashmere, or wool tie it can be done with aplomb.

A

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blazer's too short. If you want this and you're going for rockstar heroin chic, it works as well as that does.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think with lengthened sleeves it would look fairly good. I wouldn't size up for the look you're going for, although you may want to let it out slightly in the back as you're getting very slight rolling.

brimley

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. Probably a case of liking the discount, which was considerable, more than the piece. I liked the silhouette from the front but the picture from the back is pretty bad after I've looked at it a few times. It's going back. Incidentally, that was a long, I'm pretty long in the torso and I also take a 37" sleeve.

The jeans are indeed Earnest Sewns, Filsons in the Maz Dark 3D. Still had some on sale at STP last I checked.

presidentofvice

Reaction score
is that blazer YMC (you must create)? I'ts not bad but i think it would look better unbuttoned and with a different shirt. It's definantaly meant to be worn Pete Doherty style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads