FIT BATTLE OCTOBER: Time to Poll!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Oct 26, 2010.

1. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

i find it really really amusing that those boots are the gothninjas definition of "sky blue" awesome pics sq. jd: you really think that knit will fall apart after 25 wears? so like $20 a wear [​IMG]

2. LionelFrankenstein

LionelFrankenstein Senior member

DAMN Submission pic doesn't do justice.

3. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Told you, SQ fit is ridiculous. Should've posted either a detail along with main shot, or a pic without jacket so people could appreciate the knit.

Lmao: retail was much more so more like 40something / wear. For me 20 yeah. I am prepared to be surprised by its longevity though, we'll see what happens. Either way it's worth it, it's just a really interesting piece texture wise and fit is A+.

4. snake

snake Senior member

SQ- Shouldn't have recycled your pics. Lanvin leather in that detail pic looks really nice. Some better lighting/detail shots and you probably would have got at least 2x the votes.

Chrono- What tees are you wearing there?

5. Listi

Listi Senior member

danke bruder SPOILER ALERT. detail pics. you probably shouldn't look at these lest your decision be affected due to awesomeness.
    http://lh6.ggpht.com/_85faL1pvsuQ/TMd11x7LT1I/AAAAAAAABzo/xLvokE-jNos/s800/IMG_3201.JPG[IMG] [IMG]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_85faL1pvsuQ/TMd11o2WGbI/AAAAAAAABzk/XiIo4KjF8BY/s800/IMG_2935.JPG[IMG][/I]
    Glad I voted sq after seeing a closeup of the jeans and boots, didn't even see the mmm knit in the main pic. [IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/images/smilies/worship.gif So good, way more detailed a fit than I first thought. I agree with snake, if I saw these detail pictures it would have been a no-brainer (sorry AR, you're still #2 though!)

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

lol. my shit is cheap as balls. $10 h&m double layered tee from a year ago i bought because the neckline was nice. the bottom layer hangs out a bit though (like a olivish color), really cheap AA sweats, 2nd hand double identity sneaks that are pretty shitty atm and the sole is cracked so i need new hitops but were only like $35 on sufu like 2years ago, the cap is banana republic merino wool for like $7 i think like 2years ago in florida, and the jacket is the lindeberg lambskin i got on the cheap on this forum i think

i wear a variation of this like 80% of the time in the fall

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

lol. my shit is cheap as balls. $10 h&m double layered tee from a year ago i bought because the neckline was nice. the bottom layer hangs out a bit though (like a olivish color), really cheap AA sweats, 2nd hand double identity sneaks that are pretty shitty atm and the sole is cracked so i need new hitops but were only like $35 on sufu like 2years ago, the cap is banana republic merino wool for like $7 i think like 2years ago in florida, and the jacket is the lindeberg lambskin i got on the cheap on this forum i think

i wear a variation of this like 80% of the time in the fall

this is exactly why I voted for you

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

chrono low budget baller collect caller

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

The phrase all noobs should learn is wwjd what would jet do?

would be a much better dressed forum if people just did that like i do

10. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Wow, I actually got some pity votes I see! Didn't expect to get one since I just wanted to get a pic in there took before a work day since I felt SW&D could use a little something like this to freshen things up. My shit was boring for sure. Good idea scott, glad we got peeps to throw hats in the ring.

I really like the diversity on the pics that were entered, from chrono's "going to get the paper" lounge fit to snake's "daywalker" goth fit. My vote went to AR simply b/c my style gravitates more to that arena and if the pic quality was better, I think the details in his gear would have come through muuuch bettter. I would've loved to see something other than sneaks in there, but not enough of a nit pick to change my mind.

I just really liked the idea and appreciate all the fits. Hope we keep it up and if I live to post another battle fit, I'll get a better pic and get more SW&D swag in there. I just need it to be a weekend since M-F is just boring biz cas. Good shiz.

11. snake

snake Senior member

this is exactly why I voted for you

+111

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

If durability is your concern stay away. I give it ~25 wears. It's still as new and not showing signs of falling apart but the knit does feel a bit fragile and I find myself babying it occasionally.
    Jesus, 25 wears? Rodarte knits are probably more durable.
    SQ- Shouldn't have recycled your pics. Lanvin leather in that detail pic looks really nice. Some better lighting/detail shots and you probably would have got at least 2x the votes.
    +1, no hate

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i am wearing ccp fencing, chainstitched jeans and tornados so i wouldn't even post. would be like barry bonds entering a 7th grade homerun hitting contest.

14. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Wow yeah I kinda expected detail shots of sq4you's stuff to be next level, but that knit exceeds expectations. More detail shots from others please [​IMG] I do wonder how I would have voted if mellowfellow had thrown his hat into the ring. I've been really impressed by all his fits I've seen so far.

15. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

i am wearing chainstitched jeans so i wouldn't even post. would be like barry bonds entering a 7th grade homerun hitting contest.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]