• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FIT BATTLE OCTOBER: Time to Poll!

G0079

Reaction score
Was torn between Aeglus and Snake, went with Snake. Kind of regret it now, because Aeglus needs those votes for 2nd place!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
R_six got my vote.
Textures colors and overall appearance. Look at the close up of AR_Six look. It's nice.

To many of the people looked the same. Snake outfit = Yawn. It's typical SF wanna be look. Not hard to out together. It just shows how sheepish everyone on SF is. Nothing personal against you snake. It's a good outfit.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty curious who you think snake dresses like mauro. there are like two people who actually do goth ninja here

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
To many of the people looked the same. Snake outfit = Yawn. It's typical SF wanna be look. Not hard to out together. It just shows how sheepish everyone on SF is. Nothing personal against you snake. It's a good outfit.

I don't think anyone here can pull it off as well and as consistently as Snake does. It also has to do with the pieces he owns, which is not easy to get in the first place. Maybe in SuFu it is more common, but here his aesthetic are somewhat unique that you really can't mistake him for anyone else and he makes it seem so easy too, which adds to the swag.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
pretty curious who you think snake dresses like mauro. there are like two people who actually do goth ninja here
I can't think of many people who run the Snake aesthetic. He manages to be striking and interesting without being as "What the **** is he wearing" as many other goth-ninja types

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOW, hard hitting crowd here. Glad I didn't submit XD

Scott's fit is good and would be fun to see on the street, but not as striking as some of the other looks.

Aeglus' fit has good proportions and is super clean, but I think he could do more with it.

Snake's is very awesome, wish the lighting was a little better to see textures. I feel like the pants could have a little more taper for the tuck. Gloves are ******* great.

Sythese has best hair ever, but I'm not feeling the pants fit. I feel like it would probably look really good in motion, and the fit is really cool overall maybe the most creative, but with this kinda competition the pants nitpick is a dealbreaker for me.

Magician, PP, connor, all fits are good but not quite up to the creativity level of the other guys. Tonio's is boring me.

Sq, yesssssssssssssssssssssss. The belted jacket, spot on jeans fit, and beautiful Augustas. All pieces look absolutely beautiful, perfect sleeve length on the jacket with the little bit of an unzip complimenting it all perfectly. Rarely do I find an unnitpickable fit, I'd say this is one of them. I like it all, every piece, every fit, proportions, and details.

Chrono, I don't like the pants, and the tees look pinched when you zipper the jacket. I feel like with different pants and an unzippered one I'd like it a lot, but it's missing the mark for me by a little bit. Those beat to death sneakers are pretty great.

AR, damn, you just had to come in at the end and make my voting decision a tough one. I really like this fit, but it's so ******* hard to see ****. Which intrigues me, because I can't see ****, but still really like it... if I could see ****, would I like it more? Textural picture says yes. As much as I love those bone CP's, I sorta wish they weren't patent for this fit, as the soft creases of worn CP's would have made this a textural orgasm.

Holy **** am I torn... sq's fit has the least "problems" with it, and is the second most inspiring, AR's fit is the most inspiring to me, but has some issues... It's really tough. I think I'm going to have to throw my vote to sq, sorry AR, better photo quality might have won this one for you. But with what I can see, and my small gripes, I have to go for the one that I have no nitpicks about. A VERY close second...

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been on this forum for close to 5 years and people who come and go have been trying to rock the goth - ninja crap for a long time.
It's not a slam on snake. I like the look and he pulls it off. I just think people in general gravitate towards this look whether they can pull it off or not.
I don't think it's particularly interesting. That's my opinion. I find it relatively basic to me.
I don't follow the what are you wearing thread and I don't follow anyone's particular style.

I am reading "FIT BATTLE OCTOBER:Time to Poll!" thread , right? I think that all all the entry's clothing fit them well. So I have to go beyond just fit. I take fit, color, texture, and the ability to outfit a look together. AR_Six does it in my opinion best. Followed by sq4you and snake.

Best,
mauro

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
****, I knew I should have taken a picture without that pointy-ass knee bulge! Still don't know who to vote for, everyone looks ace. And JD, the Cloak jacket is going to get so much wear this fall it's crazy. y'all are lucky my double-rider only came today, because it would have definititely sealed it for me
laugh.gif
edit: chrono wins my vote

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
BTW, AR how is that knit holding up? There's a similar one I'm looking at, but I'm not sure how durable that mohair business is, seems like it's kind of fragile

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winner: Snake
2: Sq4you

====== ( <- Gap in class )

3: Aeglus
4: Synthese
5: AR_six
6: Connor
7: Chronoaug
8: Scott.M
9: PinkPantser
10: Magician
11: Tonio028

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i went chrono. snake has had many nice fits but this was goth ninja 101. ar_six's wasn't his best. can't see magician's clothes. have like other aegeus fits better. ditto synthese.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
Winner: Snake
2: Sq4you

danke bruder

SPOILER ALERT. detail pics. you probably shouldn't look at these lest your decision be affected due to awesomeness.

IMG_3201.JPG

IMG_2935.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads