• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FIT BATTLE! Mr. Claymore vs. upr_crust - Who rocked it the best? VOTE!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BAM!

Originally Posted by Mr. Claymore
1177885316_RenTB-L.png

1177887136_e3Wig-L.png

1177887755_fUdPv-L.png

Originally Posted by upr_crust
P1020610506x1280.jpg

P1020609505x1280.jpg

P1020608909x1280.jpg

P1020607973x1280.jpg

P10206041280x864.jpg

P1020605960x1280.jpg

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I could vote for both I would, but much as i loved your fit Mr Claymore, and would probably choose to wear it like that myself, damn it the 'Pope' just accsesorised it to the finish line first!
Anyone who can wear that much shiney stuff and still look natural deserves my vote.
Also Upr_Crust, those boots look awesome!
P.S. one watch at a time!
-TTO

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, TTO. Had this been a three-way match between Mr. Claymore, yourself and myself, I am sure that one of the wags around here would have dubbed it "Battle of the Beards".
boxing[1].gif

As for the boots, they were a chance purchase from Paul Stuart in NYC - marked down heavily, and bought partially because the gentlemen posters on this website and That Other Website seen to have such an affection for them (or at least their looks). They are something of an adventure to wear - the constriction at the ankle does hobble one's movement a bit, or, if tied too loosely, the laces become entirely undone.

As for the two watches - I should eschew the wrist watch when wearing the pocket watch, but the pocket watch is mechanical, and only stays running for a day at the most - I would most likely try to use it, and then forget to wind it, thus I use it only as a large counterweight for the watch chain.

FWIW, TTO, your opinion, so far, seems to be a minority one, but thank you for the support.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very similar fit, but the key lies in execution. I am going to have to vote for Mr. Claymore as the Schmaltz factor with Crusty's fit is too high.

Mike

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're both very similar, and I actually like both looks. In the final analysis, Claymore's pocket square complements his outfit a bit better than upr's does, so he just squeaked out ahead. But both very "stately" looks.
bigstar[1].gif

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Both looks are certainly interesting, and well assembled, but they are far too affected and borderline-costumish for my taste. I would half expect to see Mr. Claymore in a 1930s period drama, for instance. That's not a slight against how dapper he looks (quite!), but rather, a challenge to see if he could get a little more carefree and contemporary with his ensemble. I could say the same for Upr Crust, though perhaps to a lesser degree.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they are equal, however the fact that MrC is in front of a red curtain pushes the drama a bit more...

Mr. Claymore

Reaction score
Oh my! I just got back online. What have I got into? Fit battle with the Pope...Oh dear...

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Claymore's a two-button? Seems to be a very high buttoning point for a jacket that long, maybe I just can't see the third button.

I prefer the shirt, tie and PS combo of Claymore.

khaki sack

Reaction score
You bought a pair of boots because a bunch of anonymous posters on interweb fora think they're nice? And you continue to wear them despite the difficulties of doing so?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nice suit, BTW. You should get one in brown ,chalked stripe.

Originally Posted by upr_crust
As for the boots, they were a chance purchase from Paul Stuart in NYC - marked down heavily, and bought partially because the gentlemen posters on this website and That Other Website seen to have such an affection for them (or at least their looks). They are something of an adventure to wear - the constriction at the ankle does hobble one's movement a bit, or, if tied too loosely, the laces become entirely undone.

Mr. Claymore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Recoil
Is Claymore's a two-button? Seems to be a very high buttoning point for a jacket that long, maybe I just can't see the third button.

I prefer the shirt, tie and PS combo of Claymore.

Thank you. It is a three button, most of my single breasted suits are; however, the bottom button got ripped off on the edge of a table when I stood up too quickly. So few people notice that I have never bothered to replace it.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
True story totally unrelated to this battle but figure I'd throw it out there anyway.

Mr. Claymore was in town for the menswear shows last week so we agreed to meet for supper at RL's restaurant. I arrived a few minutes early.

Me- "I'm here bit early, not sure if the other party has arrived yet. His name is Mr. Claymore."

Hostess- "Oh- the really well-dressed guy from Michigan?"

Me-"Oh- he HAS arrived, I see."

Hostess-"No, actually he hasn't. But I know just who you mean."

Mr. Claymore is a minor celebrity, it seems...

Carry on.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Claymore
Oh my! I just got back online. What have I got into? Fit battle with the Pope...Oh dear...
Relax. He'll just be a Cardinal if you beat him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads