• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fit Advice: Spier & MacKay Navy Blazer

AmoryBlaine

Reaction score
Hello! I'd love some advice on the fit of my new Spier & MacKay Navy Hopsack blazer in a 40R Slim. This is my first purchase from SM, so I could return or exchange for free. I actually purchased it using the referral code of a generous Styleforum member.

From the photos, it's clear the sleeves are too long, the body is a bit long, and the back is bunching too much. My right shoulder is bunching even though the left fits well.

My main questions are: (1) could a tailor could fix these issues? (2) Would it be worthwhile to size down to a 38R in Contemporary? (3) Should I just return it and buy a navy blazer elsewhere? For context, I live in New York City and was hoping to spend ~ $300 for something to wear Labor Day weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think you're probably better off posting this in the S&M thread. The back of my suit jacket was a bit messy like that too, and I think it was cleaned up decently well after a trip to the alterationist.

I don't know if I would size down to a 38R. The shoulders do look big viewed from the back though. The length of the body seems OK to me.It would be an easy alteration to get the sleeves shortened.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.